Jealousy

Itachi looked at Sakura in surprise. Typically, he would think she was just joking, but she looked serious. Not interested in Sasuke anymore? How could it be? Even Naruto was shocked, she knew how much Sakura struggled because of her love for Sasuke, so how come she's suddenly not interested after he came back? She acted like she didn't really care about Sasuke anymore, but Itachi knew that it was just a little payback. Thinking of it seriously, Itachi thought that Sakura was still hurt by Sasuke's past betrayal. This idea scared Itachi a lot, he was afraid his brother may feel upset again. After all, Sakura is one of the closest people to Sasuke, and if he knows that she thinks of him that way, he'll misbehave.

Naruto, who has known Sakura since they were children, finally understood what she was up to. Sakura wants to make the younger Uchiha feel that one-sided love she always lived, in other words, she wants to give him a taste of his own medicine. Sakura headed to Tsunade's office to catch up with Kakashi since he said he wanted to meet her in the Hoakge's office. She left the place, making Sasuke boil with jealousy mixed with anger as he watched her disappear. Yes, Sasuke; he was all along overhearing the whole conversation from behind the door and couldn't believe that such a day may actually come. Even when he was at his worst, he always believed that Sakura would still be with him when no one else would. However, hearing how uninterested she became, this was the only time Sasuke felt the real meaning of hurt. It will be a good lesson for that cocky brat.

*

*

*

"Kakashi ? Hokage?" Sakura shouted as soon as she heard the news from Tsunade "Wha... What was wrong with you being the hokage Tsunade?"

"I've given my all, now it's time for me to pass this over to someone else" Tsunade took a deep breath "and there's no better person than Kakashi"

"What's wrong, Sakura? You're not happy about this?" Kakashi asked.

"It's not that I'm not happy; it's just so out of the blue" Sakura muttered.

"Well, you'll have to live with it, Sakura" Tsunade shrugged "plus Kakashi is way nicer, you won't have me beating your ass everytime"

"Well, that's a point" Sakura giggled.

Sakura was relieved that everything had finally gotten back to normal. She was rather thankful that everyone got what they deserved.

After the clash, a lot of wounded people had been transferred to the hospital, so there's always extra work for Sakura to do. She didn't even have time for lunch, she immediately turned to the hospital after her meeting with Tsunade. She checked the list of patients that she was carrying in her right hand and heaved a deep sigh before checking on the next patient.

"Well, well, well! Room 241, Uchiha Sasuke" Sakura whispered to herself as she placed her hand on the knob "here goes nothing "Good morning, Sasuke" Sakura greeted, trying to avoid his looks "How have you been?"

"Good"

"Well, I'm not ... Much trouble, let's say" Sakura took a deep breath "Coming back to work right after being a missing-nin, having an alleged brother, then Kakashi becomes Hokage ---"

"And confessing to my brother" Sasuke interrupted furiously "Or this isn't counted as trouble to you?"

"Well, Sasuke, if this is trouble, then it should be your brother's, not mine" Sakura smirked "but why are you so concerned?"

"Because, as you said, he's my brother"

"And?"

"And I can't... humph, never mind" Sasuke bit his lower lip "Leave me alone for now"

"Not before I treat these wounds of yours"

"I'm fine; you can go" Sasuke said, raising his hand to stop Sakura from healing him.

Sakura didn't like Sasuke's move. She hated how he behaves however he wants without considering people's feelings, and that's just because everything goes as he wishes every single time. Unexpectedly, she slapped his hand and gave him a death glare.

"Mr. Uchiha, I get paid to heal those wounds of yours, I'm not doing this to win your interest. You should understand by now that I'm a doctor. So how about you stop being a baby about everything?"