Chapter 61: No Time

Evelyn breaks down, her body shaking, she cries at the top of her lungs. Her chest started pumping in and out too quickly. She was hyperventilating.

Adam grinned and turned away from Natalie and over to Evelyn. He threw his hands down and made a crying sound. He frowned as he started to mock her. "Oh, no. Adam's gonna get me. RED finally got his way, boo hoo hoo." He pointed the gun at Evelyn. "It's your time, Evelyn. It's finally time."

He lunged forward and put the gun to her head. He grabbed her arm at the elbow crease and spun her around. The cinderblock weighed down her feet as he pulled her body to the center of the room.

"NOOOO!" she cried.

He put the gun back into the back of his jeans and pulled her body to the door.

"What are you doing to her?!" Kathrine yelled.

Adam grabbed her and tugged her out of the room. He huffed and pulled the gun back out from the back of his jeans and slammed the door shut.

"Oh, my God... What is he doing?" Zach started.

"We can't do anything right here... we have to get out. We can't save her like this," Natalie said.

"Is that gasoline?" Kathrine asked.

"Yeah, it's over here on the lining of the window," Natalie answered. The windows went from the floor to ¾ of the way up the wall.

"Is he going to burn ya down?" Kathrine asked, her voice getting more high pitched.

"Can you break the window with the cinder block?" Zach asked.

Natalie used her hands to pull herself away from the window. She spun on her butt and lifted her legs. With the adrenaline pumping through her veins, her heart was going faster than ever. She leaned back, picking up the cinder block and kicked as hard as she could at the window.

Crack. Klatishh. The glass shattered. The cold, winter air rushed in through the now open window.

"Oh, he definitely heard that." Zach started to lunge himself forward.

"Go! Let's go!" Kathrine started to wiggle her way to the window, too.

Natalie lifted her butt and slid her tied hands under it. She tried to pull them under, then over her feet and cinder block, but the cinder block was in the way... no matter how flexible she was.

"I can't get untangled," she groaned.

Kathrine lunged her way closer to Natalie. Zach looked at the closed door. "Hurry," he whispered.

Natalie pivoted herself so that her back was facing the broken window. "Kick me out the window," she demanded.

Kathrine didn't say a word. She picked up her legs and cinder block as high as she could and kicked Natalie in the chest.

She flopped out of the window, through the broken glass, and landed on her back in the mud outside. The glass cut her back as she landed. "Uhhhh," she moaned.

She crawled and shuffled her way as far from the window as she could. Here comes Kathrine.

Thump. "Ouch," she flinched at the glass she landed on.

"Zach, hurry!" Natalie yelled.

Kathrine shuffled away from the window and looked up.

...but it wasn't Zach...

Adam's head popped out the window. "Zach won't be joining you... and you can try, but you won't get very far!" Adam laughed and turned away from the window.

"ZAAACH!" Kathrine yelled.

"We have to get out of here!" Natalie yelled. "Come here!" she snapped.

Kathrine couldn't keep back her tears, but Natalie's adrenaline still had her heart going a mile a minute.

"Turn around; I can untie you," Natalie told her.

Kathrine spun around and leaned her hands back to Natalie's. With her hands still tied, Natalie pulled and tugged at Kathrine's rope to untie her hands.

"There, get mine," Natalie said.

Kathrine, still crying, turned around and started working on Natalie's wrists. Natalie looked over Kathrine's shoulder.

"...Hurry. Now!" Natalie screamed.

She could see him... in the distance... making his way to them.

"What?! I've almost got it!" Kathrine cried.

"It's RED... he's coming!" Natalie screamed.

"There!" she cried, letting the rope around Natalie's hands fall to the mud.

"Shut up!" Adam yelled from inside the house.

Natalie's eyes shot open wide... RED was marching right for them... the crowbar swinging in his hands. Natalie and Kathrine's feet still tangled in the cinder block.

"That's not Adam," Natalie said, leaning away from RED.

***Comment your thoughts!