Chapter 77

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my last post. It means so much to me that you feel that way and I really appreciate how much you are enjoying this story. I have decided to continue on with the ideas that I have because it's my story and I hope that you can all continue to enjoy it as much as you seem to be.

Steve's POV:

I head straight back to the room I left Peggy and the kids in, my head spinning with confusion. The minute I step through the door Peggy is on her feet.

"Just wait here guys we will only be a minute," she instructs the kids as she comes over to me and pushes me back out the door, closing it quietly behind us. "Any luck?" She asks quietly.

"No." I whisper, lying as smoothly as possible. "I couldn't find a thing. I have no idea where he is."

She cringes and pinches the bridge of her nose. "Oh man. Do you think he's okay? What if he's hurt?"

I think back to what him and I were just talking about.

I nod and purse my lips. "I'm sure he'll be okay. I mean he's got his special abilities and training to survive situations like this. He's smart too. Although that's not to say that I'm going to stop looking."

I'll use the time I'm 'looking' for him to check that box and do some investigating into his case.

"Oh man." She groans. "This is terrible."

"Any news on (Y/N)?" I ask, trying to change the subject in case I let something slip accidentally.

I seriously don't know how long I can keep this up for. It's not even been five minutes and I feel so bad for lying to Peg.

"She's definitely on the mend. All of her vitals are stable, we're just waiting for her to wake up now. The doctors think it should be within the next few hours hopefully," she explains and I see the hint of a smile. "And then we just go from there."

A wave of relief washes over me. At least there's some good news. I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't going to be okay.

"Oh thank god." I breathe out. "And I didn't even think before. What about the baby?"

"Everything seems to be okay there too." She nods. "There's nothing that seems to be out of the ordinary."

I can't help but smile. "That's great."

At least I kind of know that all of them are okay... ish. Put it this way; I know what Bucky is doing.

"What about the kids? How are they holding up?" I ask hesitantly.

At this, Peggy's elation visibly dies out.

"Well I mean Theo and Sarah are just distressed because it's out of the ordinary for them. But Isla keeps asking where her mum is and if she's alright. She hasn't said a word about Bucky so I haven't asked. Whereas Luke is being very quiet and when I did try to talk to him he seemed very concerned about his dad. He asked if we had found him and if he was back to normal," she explains seriously.

"Ah man I don't know what to tell them about any of this." I groan.

"I know." She sighs quietly and nods. "I think all we can do is just keep them preoccupied. Speaking of which we should head back in."

She opens the door and I follow her back in.

"Where were you? Were you with mummy? When can I see her?" Is the first thing Isla asks.

"Soon," is all I can think to say.

                                     ~~~~