17| There's a Ghost.

-The human souls is a treacherous place

•••• •••• ••••

Sully took in a deep breath, as she messaged her forehead. She felt the pounding and throbbing sensation on the center of her temple. She know understood why many called a migraine a toothache of the brain.

The feeling was unbearable, and Sully had no clue on what's causing it. Her brain felt crammed and she was able to feel the pressure from all over, pushing in.

Meghan was in the middle of jotting down
Mr. Bullis's lecture in her note book, when she heard a small whimper come from her side. She turned to see a pale Sully leaning her head against the wall beside her for support.

"What are you doing?" She asked, making the blonde bob her head a little at the sudden interaction.

"My head feels hot for some reason." Sully croaked, opening her eyes before shutting them, "And the wall is cool, so I'm using the temperature to cool my headache. Even though, this is a tad bit unsanitary." 

Meghan shot her friend a concerned look, shuffling her desk closer to Sully, so she could check up on her. As she pressed her head on Sully's temple, the raven-haired teen shook her head. "Sully, you can't do this. Go home."

"I should be fine in a couple hours." Sully opened her eyes once more, and regretted it when seeing Meghan's glare. "What?"

"I've known you since we were in the third grade, and you never been sick. Sure, you would have the sniffles and what not, but remember in the 7th grade, it's was around winter an everyone in our grade but you got the flu."

Sully raised an eyebrow at Meghan's explanation. "Your point is?"

"My point, Sully, is that maybe you should go home and rest." Meghan replied. Sully shook her head, causing Meghan to sigh, "Okay, how about a compromise. If you don't feel better by lunch, I'm taking you home."

Sully was about to decline the offer, when the crushing pain traveled from one side of her head, to the other. "Deal." She strained through clenched teeth as she tighten her fist.

After seeing Meghan send her an approving smile, Sully lowered her head onto her desk, and stayed in position for the remainder of the class.

When the bell rang, signaling everyone that first period was over, Sully wanted to remain in her seat, and she would have, if Meghan didn't pull her up from the chair and dragged her to the girl's locker room. While her classmates were undressing themselves, Sully made her way towards the gym without changing into her gym uniform. 

The first thing she noticed when entering the gym was how empty it was, which was a little disturbing. Normally, she would wait until the locker room was nearly empty, before changing into her gym wear, making her the last one to leave the locker room. She walked towards the bleacher when she heard the door open.