Chapter 16- IT'S BACK

Happy New Year! 2018 be good to us!!!

(You can play the music if you want to, and you should want to, but you don't have to replay it. XD Enjoy❤)

Lara gently closed the door behind her, balancing a tray filled with a glass of water, a glass of apple juice and a fruit salad, with toast.

She didn't want to come to his room. She didn't want to see his face.

He had denied everything. He had not accepted any one of them and he had feigned sadness.

He could have been telling the truth but why would Brie lie?

Lara had gone to ask Tess right after Brie and the other girls had told her those things about Jayden, and Tess had confirmed.

Tess talked about how he had always tried to make a move on her whenever she came to his room and how she always put him in his place.

But when Lara had asked Jayden, he had said a different thing.

The girls wouldn't lie to her. They wanted to protect her. Jayden was the liar. The sick pervert.

Lara walked to his bedside table and put the tray of food on it, then marched to the bathroom.

She said she would be professional, but she didn't want to greet him. She didn't want to have even the shortest conversation with him.

The bathroom didn't need any cleaning. She only had to take his clothes to the laundry, which she planned on doing when she was done mopping his balcony.

But before leaving the bathroom, she picked up his shirt, and hated herself for what she did next.

She inhaled it. Savoured his scent which brought back memories of his hands around her. In her.

She was mad. She was mad she wanted him so bad. She was mad she would miss being in his strong but gentle arms, in his cozy bed, staring at his warm smile, his eyes that shone when he looked at her, pulling his dark messy hair, being kissed by him, slowly, passionately and savagely, depending on the mood. She would miss him.

But it was for the best. For her sake. She couldn't afford to end up like his previous maids just for a couple of moments in bliss.

She walked out of the bathroom and approached the balcony, where he was facing, with a mop and a mop bucket in her hands.

She reached the glass doors and pushed the curtains to the sides, bright light illuminating the gloomy room.

She paused. She wanted to turn to see his face. If he was staring at her or whatever, cuz her back felt heavy. And she didn't want him to.

She breathed in and out and turned, only to lay eyes on the back of his head.

He had turned to face the other side.

Lara felt a twist in her stomach, but also felt relieved he wasn't staring.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Lara let go of the mop and walked towards the door, but it had already swung open when she had reached halfway.

Mr. Benson stood at the door, his eyes on Jayden, who had slowly opened his eyes.

"Sir, good morning." Lara greeted Mr. Benson immediately.

"Morning, Lara," He said to her and turned back to his son. "Are you alright?"

Lara shifted her gaze to Jayden who simply nodded. He was still lying down.

Mr. Benson glanced at the food on the bedside table and questioned,
"Not planning on eating?"