Chapter 89

Harry-

Angel was able to go down to her school and get a packet of her work to do at home while I "rest". It was honestly useful though because we were able to unpack the house and go shopping for decor while painters were brought in. It also allowed us the time to prepare for the hearing coming up shortly, Angel is uneasy about having Rebeca come in but I've assured her we will only use her if I feel like Nissa has a chance at winning.

"What are you doing?" I ask my wife who is wearing one of my shirts and curled up with her iPad searching photos of dogs, there's a notebook next to her with some scribbled notes. It's after 9pm, I've just gotten out of a shower after eating dinner with Gemma, Ezra, Alexa and Ariel.

Ariel is now asleep in his bed since he has school tomorrow. Gemma was nervous when they came over, I guess she pulled Angel aside because she wanted to make sure Angel was alright with her and Ezra dating which she was of course much to Gemma's delight. I can tell Ezra does really care about my big sister and I see the positive effect he has on Alexa, my poor niece has lived this long without a father figure so it's nice for her to have it now.

"I was thinking... Now that we have a large house and we aren't planning on having kids for a few years..." She mumbles before chewing her lip nervously.

"What is it baby?" I ask after pulling on some boxers and crawling into bed.

"I want to get Ariel a dog." She spits out quickly and I laugh.

"You think I'm against it?"

"I don't know if you even like animals Harry, we've never really talked about it you know?" She shrugs and I nod. "I'm researching what breeds are good with children."

"I'd also prefer if they didn't shed." I point out and she rolls her eyes.

"Or you can just have the housekeeper come more often, honestly the non-shedders don't interest me. I don't want a poodle or some bitch dog." She scoffs.

"I bought Nissa a Yorkie as a wedding present, fucker cost me five grand." I sigh as she looks at me curiously. "I was away on a business trip and she said someone stole it, she probably sold it or even worse, killed it." I add and she shakes her head.

"I don't doubt that for a moment, I want something bigger but not too big. I think I've narrowed it down to a Border Collie, a Collie, a Brittany Spaniel or an Irish Setter." She says before showing me photos of each.

"The Collie looks like a nightmare with all that fur, the others are cute though." I say as I scroll through the photos, I see a furry black and white puppy and immediately fall in love. "This one, I like this one."

"That's a Border Collie puppy, this is what they look like when they're older. They're sporty dogs that love to fetch and run, they need a lot of exercise-"

"They like to run? I like to run, could use a running partner." I shrug and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Hey I'm your running partner." She retorts as she smacks me with a pillow.

"Yes but you're distracting which is why most of our runs get cut short so we can rush home." I remind her and she rolls her eyes.

"Or you take me against a tree." She replies and I bite my lip remembering that day.

"We're lucky no one saw us, that wouldn't of bode well you know." I point out and she chuckles.

"Well you did insist on running through private property your friend happens to own so I doubt anyone would see us anyways." She adds, "So I can put a deposit down for a puppy?" She asks.

"How much are they? Shouldn't we go to a shelter?"

"These are AKC registered pups, the males are $1700 and females $1300. I looked at the shelter but honestly I want to start with a puppy for Ariel, plus this is a good breeder not a puppy mill. She breeds them for service dogs as well." Angel explains and I nod.

"Yea, put a deposit down on a female."

"Thank you." She squeals as she launches herself into my arms, "I never had a dog growing up since dad and I were always traveling." Angel admits sadly as she pulls away.

"We can travel still, we have a lot of family and friends to keep an eye on her or we can just have the house keeper house sit while we're gone." I suggest and she nods in agreeance.

"Ariel is going to be so excited, we can go the weekend after the hearing and pick her out." She says and I sigh.

"I hope we win." I mumble as I pull her back into my arms.

"We will Harry, we have to."