18

It's not the never ending buzzing that pulls me out of my heavy sleep, but it's Valentino's body on top of mine as he reaches over to stop it.

"Shut the fuck up," he says and I open my eyes to see him with a phone pressed to his ear. My phone.

"What are you doing?" I take the phone from him after he hangs up.

"Wes won't stop calling you."

Eugh. Last night. I don't even want to think about him.

Wesley's name comes up on my screen as he calls again and I click decline.

"Why is he calling so much?" Val asks then his face falls as he remembers what happened. "Fuck. How did he know about... Naomi," he whispers the last part and looks over at Santiago.

"We heard you talking to her."

He closes his eyes and drops his head back down on the pillow. "Don't hate me. I didn't mean for it to happen – I can't even remember it."

"This is really bad. Carlos can't stay with her."

"I could have been stupid again and told him last night."

Santiago moves in his bed so we stop talking. He stands up, still not acknowledging us and picks up a packet of cigarettes and a lighter from his bedside table and leaves the room.

"Have a fun night?" I ask Santi, smirking when he comes back in. "You were right, it totally makes me feel better that you feel like that and I don't."

"Your voice is literally so high pitched," he mumbles while rubbing his temples and sitting back down.

I laugh. "You guys wanna go to sand and shakes? I'm craving pancakes and not the shitty ones I make."

"Absolutely," he says.

"Val?"

Val nods and stands up and goes into his bathroom. Santiago gives me a confused look so I speak before he can ask about it.

"I'm taking a shower and we've going in half an hour."

He lies down and pulls his covers over him. "Wake me up in twenty five minutes."

+++

"So, you two gonna tell me what all the whispering was about this morning?" Santiago says as he puts down his fork after finishing his food.

Val and I share a look. "What whispering?" I ask.

"I'm not dumb. This is the quietest he's been since he gave Amelia drugs."

"I've gotta..." Val puts down his glass, "talk to Montana," he finishes and stands up, quickly going over to the bar where Montana is.

"What the fuck is goin' on?" Santiago asks.

"Nada, Santi. Drop it."

"Is someone pregnant?"

"No."

"Then what? Did he catch a fuckin' STD?"

"No. Stop talking about it."

"About what?"

I pick up the menu. "I want more food."

"There's Carlos."

"What?" I drop the menu and look at Santiago then over to the door. It is Carlos.

He looks around until his eyes set on Val then he storms over there. Oh sweet baby Jesus.

"I didn't wanna believe it," he says and Val turns around, surprised. "But even Naomi couldn't lie to my face like you've been doin'."