Chapter 90

Angel-

I'm more nervous today then my wedding day, more nervous then any of my dozens of dance recitals even when I danced the lead in the nutcracker. Today could decide if we keep Ariel or not.

Louis is trying to go for an expedited hearing but knowing Nissa she's going to drag it out, if she does that then we're bringing Rebeca in. Louis has been in contact with her and says she's mysterious as all hell, she essentially dropped off the planet after taking off with Jaxon when he was just months old.

She didn't pop back up until a few years ago after sending Jaxon out here to live at his aunts during high school which explains why I never met her, Jaxon never talked much about his family at all.

Harry pulls on a black jacket and turns around towards me so I can fix his tie, he chews his lip anxiously as I redo the knot. "It's going to be ok Harry."

"I know, I have a plan b." He mumbles and I furrow my brows, "If it goes south we drain our accounts and take the plane somewhere they'll never find us."

"I'm sure it won't come to that baby," I whisper as I caress his freshly shaven face, his hair is slicked back which makes him look more my age then his own. He watches me quietly as I slip on a black knee length dress, it has a scoop neck up top and sleeves that reach just past my elbows. Louis told us to come looking mature and professional so I slip on some black pumps and smooth my straightened hair.

"It looks like we're going to a funeral." Harry mutters.

"Yea, hers." I smirk and he finally smiles as he laughs, Ariel's bus had already picked him up so we just had to worry about getting ourselves ready. I cup Harry's face before kissing his softly, "We're going to be alright. I'm yours, you're mine and Ariel and ours." I assure him and he nods.

"I'm just not looking forward to explaining how I was once your stepfather." Harry confesses before looking down.

"Nissa took advantage of you Harry, you were barely twenty when you met her. You didn't have feelings for me then and I didn't have feelings for you." Harry goes to argue but I cut him off. "An innate attraction although mutual doesn't mean there are feelings, you just enjoy the way that person looks."

"Fuck you're smart, you sure you just want to teach dance?" Harry smirks.

"Well I did minor in business administration just in case the dance thing didn't pan out." I shrug as I fix his collar, a honk sounds from outside and Harry pecks my lips softly.

"Come on love, time for battle." Harry purrs before leading me down to the awaiting car. he slips in after me and bounces his leg as we begin our journey down to the courthouse. I take his hand in mine and press soft kisses to each knuckle as he blows our a nervous breath. "You look beautiful today Angel." He whispers.

"As do you Harry." I reply smiling causing him to blush, I lean over and kiss his lips softly just before the driver pulls up to the courthouse. Harry lets out a breath before climbing out and helping me to my feet, he places his hand on the small of my back as we climb the steps into the building.

My eyes widen when I see Liam, Niall and Jerica huddled talking to Louis while My father whispers something to Gemma. They don't see us and I stop harry before nodding at them, my dad tucks Gemma's brown hair behind her ear before kissing her softly as Harry pulls me closer to him.

Gemma looks up and blushes when she sees Harry and I smiling at them, my dad and Harry nod at each other just as the door opens again.

My mother walks in with a skin tight white dress on and heels, she looks as though she's gotten another face lift since the last time we saw her. Jaxon follow behind her careful not to look at anyone while my mother glances around.

"I suppose a congratulations is in order." She sneers as she looks at Harry and I, "Congratulations on marrying my sloppy seconds."

"Thank you," I smile sweetly. "Thank you for reminding me what a shitty person you are before we bring you down." I add as Harry squeezes my hip and Louis shoots me a glare. "Plus I wouldn't be calling anyone sloppy when I can see your implant popping out." I reply smiling brightly.

"You little bitch I swear-"

"Now Nissa, is it smart to threaten your own daughter at a custody hearing?"