Pepper Spray

Chapter Thirty One - Pepper Spray

I shut my eyes tightly to somehow stop the sun rays from hitting my face. Finally giving up on sleep, I opened my eyes and almost groaned in frustration but stopped at the sight of Alec.

He was sleeping like a baby, lying on his stomach, face buried into the pillows with his one arm wrapped around my waist while the other in a random direction.

It took me a while to register what was going on as I looked down at my naked self.

All that wasn't a dream. Alec really said he loves me.

I lifted my finger and traced his shoulders, stopping at the bandage carefully before I could hurt him.

I leaned over him and pressed my lips against his neck.

He shuffled in his sleep and muttered something incoherent. I watched as his eyelids moved and he stared at me through half open eyes.

"Good morning," I whispered with a bright smile.

The corners of his lips pulled up into a heart warming half smile. "Morning."

I lifted my hand to his face and rubbed circles against his stubbled jaw, causing him to let out a sexy groan as he opened his eyes fully.

"Last night was....," I trailed off.

"Real," He completed for me.

I licked my lips. "Did you mean what you said?"

I had to know if he didn't just say that because I was out with Ben. Either way, he must feel something really strong for me to say those words even if that was the case.

"Yes. With all my heart," He spoke while tossing on the bed to face me completely and pull me into his chest. I placed my palms flat on his torso.

"I love you," He whispered in my ear.

I smiled against his chest as my cheeks flushed.

"I love you too," I whispered under my breath and was quite sure that he didn't hear it.

"You ears are turning red," His warm breath fanned my cheeks as he spoke huskily.

I kept my face ducked down so he wouldn't see the smile that refused to leave my lips. Shutting my eyes, I ravished in his alluring scent.

"Scarlet?" He called after a few minutes and I realized that I was sleepy as his voice seemed distant.

"Scarlet?" He called again after a few seconds but I was too sleepy to answer him.

"You did not just go back to sleep after waking me up," He groaned.

I think I just did.

When I woke up next, his side of the bed was empty.

I looked at the night stand watch and gasped. I was going to be very late for my classes.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, picked out a random outfit and rushed downstairs for breakfast.

Alec wasn't at the dining table, in the living room or in his study. I didn't hear him in his room either.

He didn't go to work, did he?

I went inside the kitchen and a smile formed on my lips at the sight of him sitting at the island stool, shirtless. His broad shoulders were on display and I found myself relishing the sight.

And it's not even the first time I've seen him like that.

"Are you done ogling me?" His voice snapped me out of my trance.