CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Chapter 21 (pilots)

- Mia White -

"Ewww!" Ben cried, dropping his burger. Luckily, it landed on the wrapping on the table, and not all over the floor.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's a pickle in there."

I sighed. "Really Ben? You got scared because of a pickle?"

"I hate them in my burgers!"

I groaned, telling him to just take it off, but he refused. Sighing, I grabbed a plastic fork and took the pickle off of his burger.

Ace and Levi were in the office, having a nice chat with the principal. I don't know what it's about, but it doesn't really matter. Those two, and sometimes Ben, got called into the office more regularly. They were usually for stupid reasons though.

While they were in the office, Ben and I were in the cafeteria, eating peacefully. Well, that is until someone's hand slammed on our table, causing everyone's eyes to look at them.

"Where's Ace?" Mindy demanded.

"It's really none of your business," I replied, eating another fry.

"Listen to me, White," she hissed, narrowing her eyes at me. "I could ruin your pathetic little life with the snap of my fingers. I've already told you to stay away from Ace. He's mine. I practically own him."

Ben snorted. "You can't own a person. Besides, we're Ace's best friends. You won't be able to take us away from him."

"Watch me," she threatened, before walking away with her minions following behind her.

I don't understand why she can't just accept the fact that Ace doesn't like her. I've known Mindy since freshman year, and she's always the same mean, selfish, and self-centred person. But doesn't someone have to go through something to become like that?

Or maybe I'm wrong and she's just naturally mean.

I smiled when I saw Jacob walk into the cafeteria. After he told Ace that he was gay, Ace was - let's say okay - with us hanging out.

As long as we didn't get too close.

Speaking of Jacob, his parents found a house they plan on moving into soon. Ace was more than thrilled when he heard the news.

Jacob sat down beside Ben, knowing that Ace wouldn't want anyone else's sitting beside me besides him. Jacob became used to Ace's possessiveness, just like Levi and Ben, but they did like to tease him about.

Soon after Jacob arrived, Ace and Levi walked in. Once Ace spotted me, he smiled, and speed-walked over to me. He took a seat beside me, making sure to pull me close to his side.

"What did the principal say?" I asked.

"That we should stop hiding rotten food in his office," he shrugged, reaching to take one of my fries.

I slapped his hand away, and he pouted. "Can I please have one?"

"No."