Chapter 23

" Yeah call me whatever you want. I couldn't care less. " he said angrily with his cold voice and then stormed out. His cold demeanor was back.

Sam looked at me angrily and I knew that there was a lot of things he wanted to tell me.

" You shouldn't have compelled me to tell you, some things are better left unknown." he said then walked out.

I still don't get why they are mad at me, I was the one who lost a vital part of my memory or better still had it wiped out but they turned the cards on me making me seem like the bad one. I had every right to be mad at Sam, he was the only person I told a lot of things and he didn't deem it necessary to tell me about Damon, I feel like a fool. When I thought that we were both finally managing to get along this comes up. If he can lie to me with something as important as his name then there was nothing he couldn't lie about. I walked in to join all of them and when I got there Damon and Sam just walked out.

" What's wrong? " Vulcan asked and I just ignored him not knowing what to say, my mate lied to me about his name or my best friend has been lying to me all this while and even wiped out my memory. The day began on a fairly good note, I don't see it being like that anytime soon.

" Pick your bags, we leave now. " Sam said taking his and walking away and so did Damon.

" What happened with when you guys were out? " Jonathan asked.

" I don't want to talk about it. " I said then walked away too, the last thing I want to do is telling someone about it.

I still didn't know why wiping my memory was necessary, I didn't even figure out how to shift to a wolf and I couldn't ask Sam anytime soon cause of the situation we were in and I doubt if he'd even tell me when we were on talking terms.

" You're over thinking. " Vulcan said and I turned to look at him. " relax."

I wanted to snap at him but I simply chose to keep my mouth shut.

" I'm not telling you to tell me about it, I'm just telling you to not think about it. Whatever you are thinking about is bringing a frown to your face and let's just say you look less beautiful with a frown on your face so smile. "

" There's nothing to smile about. " I said smugly

" No, there's every reason to smile. " he said and I just nodded wanting the topic to drop.

" So what do you plan on doing after finding your mate? " I asked

" Take her back to the palace with me and make her my queen. " he said

" That sounds cool, being royalty." I said and he just shrugged.

" Nah it's nothing cool, there are a lot of do's and d't ." he replied

" I can imagine. " I said and he just nodded. " What if you don't find your mate? "

" I will, we're not done with this trip yet are we? " he asked

" She could be a witch, is that okay in the vampire kingdom? "

" If it isn't they'd have to make do with it, she's my mate and that's all that matters. I don't care what the society has to say. "

" You quite have a way with words, I'm sure she'd be happy being with you. " unlike the way I am now

" I hope so. " he said with a smile

We finally stopped when we got to a river, it was so calm but I remember Sam calling it feisty.

" The goal is to get to the other side no matter what, if you don't make it, you belong to the water goddess. " Sam said