How did you find me?

Y/n's Pov

It had been a week since I had left the Resistance to find Luke, and I had finally reached the island he seemed to be on. It took time to fully remember where I was going but I finally figured it out. I landed the falcon and told BB-8 to stay on the ship before heading up the mountain to find Luke.

I finally made it to a small old village but there was almost no sign of the Skywalker. I noticed movement in the corner of the eye but nothing was there when I looked. There was smoke coming out of one of the chimneys of a building so I knocked but got no answer. I opened the door and found a bed and a fire. I was sure that it was the hut that Luke lived in, but he was nowhere to be found. I decided to hike up another trail that led me farther up the mountain.  I finally came to a clearing and saw Luke standing there looking over the island.

"Luke?" I asked. He turned abruptly around to see me standing there with tears threatening to break free. "Y/n?" He asked. "How did you find me?" "I followed my memory of the old galaxy system." I answered. "Don't worry, the map doesn't exist anymore." He only nodded before turning back around. "I'm not going back." He said. "I know." I answered. "Then why are you here?" "You sort of took my crystals, remember?"

We stood in silence as he seemingly thought about my answer or something as he watched the now setting sun.

Soon enough he turned and walked right past me towards the path that led to the village. I followed soon after although I knew to stay quiet. He entered his hut and turned to look back at me. "You coming in or not?" He asked. I quickly entered before he closed me out. "You can sit in that chair." He grumbled while putting a pot of water over the fire. He then put an assortment of meat and vegetables in the pot too. He sighed and sat on his bed before turning to me.

"Why are you really here?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't exactly know." I answered, being honest. "Hmm, well your crystals aren't here." He said. "What?!" I exclaimed, standing up. "Do you even know what they meant to me?" I asked. "Let me finish, they're not in this very hut. I put them away until someone would come for them. I'll show you tomorrow." I settled down again although I still had a bit of a frown on my face.

"Leia misses you." I finally said to change the subject. Luke just nodded before taking the pot of soup off the fire. He dished some of it out into two bowls and handed one to me before sitting back down. I watched him drink the soup from the bowl and did the same. The soup wasn't the best but it was ok, I just didn't want to know what was in it.

Time Skip

Luke had let me sleep in a different hut for the night and then woke me up just as the sun started to rise from the horizon. He lead me on a different trail to the one we took yesterday and we eventually made it to what I thought was our destination. It was an old tree that seemed to have died a long time ago and had been hollowed out.

It was then that I suddenly heard a crowd of whispers in my head. I stopped and held my head as I tried to get them out. Luke looked back at me frowned when he realized what was happening. He told me to wait where I was as he went inside. He came out after a minute with a small bag in his hand. He headed back to the village and I followed. The whispers had become quiet and eventually stopped when we got to the village.

We entered his hut and sat down before he gave me the bag. I opened it and found my two crystals together in their heart shape. "Did you find out anything about them?" I asked, remembering the note Luke had left. "What I learned from it is that the Jedi have to end." He answered. I was so surprised by the answer that I almost dropped them. "What do you mean?" I asked. It's hard to explain, I'd have to show you. I know you heard the whispers earlier. They come from a place on the island, a very bad place. I'll show you tomorrow, be up and ready by 6. He said. I nodded and took my leave. I left the bag the crystals were in because I knew Luke would want it.

Since it wasn't dark, I decided to take a walk around the island. I found a group of Porgs and sat down to watch the sunset as they climbed over me in curiosity. When the sunset was almost over, I stood up, which scared all the Porgs away. I walked back to the village and it was past dark by the time I got there.