Chapter 27: "A New Change"

Warm tranquility, that's what you awoke to.

Your eyes hadn't even opened yet, for you wanted to enjoy your last few moments of rest

There was just something so peaceful and calm about the warmth you were experiencing right now. It was so much more... Serene than the warmth your sheets and bedspreads ever gave you.

What was this warmth? You weren't exactly sure. But, you never wanted it to fade. You had just had the best sleep that you've had in ages and you felt very happy. The happiest that you've been in what seems like years.

The problems of yesterday are gone, and with this pleasant warmth, you are certain this is a positive omen that they're not coming back. At least, not for now.

But all the calm effects from repose started to fade when you felt something- or someone shift next to you and your eyelids quickly opened, looking to where the movement came from.

You looked to your left side and saw that you were all curled up to none other than Papyrus on your couch with a blanket covering you and him. You were all snuggled up to the skeleton, hell, you were cuddling him, and he was cuddling you back. He even looked content, perhaps, even happy?

But as soon as it sunk in that you fell asleep and that you're in his personal space, you quickly jerked away from him, untwining your arms from being wrapped around him. You quickly began saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" repeatedly which caught Papyrus off guard, even if he was awake.

In the quick movements, his own arms around you had been snatched away and he seemed saddened by this. "no, no, no! it's fine... i wouldn't have cuddled you back if i wasn't enjoying it." He quickly spoke in his normal raspy tone.

That comment turned your face a slight shade of crimson. He was enjoying cuddling you? Your heart was beating fast as you looked directly at him, "No, it's not fine... I shouldn't have fallen asleep after you two came over to comfort me." You spoke flatly.

He didn't seem to like your tone and you watched him grip the arm of your couch. "don't apologize... you really needed a good rest after everything, okay?" He spoke before letting out a small sigh.

Papyrus looked uncomfortable, extremely uncomfortable so, you just nodded and looked at your feet.

"How long was I asleep?" You asked after a few minutes of silence. He paused, tapping a phalanx on his chin in thought before replying, "five hours or so."

"Why didn't you leave? I was just asleep for five hours, you must've been bored." You asked him and you saw an orange tint come to his cheekbones. "i wanted to make sure you stayed safe... so, i was plannin' on staying until ya woke up... but at one point i did fall asleep for a bit and sans... well, he put the blanket over us." Papyrus replied.

"And... I... Snuggled up to you in my sleep? Was that before or after you fell asleep?" You asked him and he scratched his cervical vertebrae. "that'd be before..." He replied awkwardly and you both found yourselves blushing. "And... Did you cuddle back when you were awake... Or asleep?" You asked and he turned even more orange. "...i was awake." He replied hesitantly and you blushed even more.