1. The mix up

It was a cold and rainy afternoon in the city of Seoul. The peak of winter was just around the corner and having people in the bustling streets was becoming a rare sight to see. Some would rather sit tight in their cozy homes while others, despite the cold weather, prefer killing time at their favorite cafés all over the hip areas.

Rozie has always been a fan of coffee. She starts and ends the day with her favorite fix. Being a career woman for almost half a decade, she was pretty much your typical home and work kind of girl. Having met Jennie who was the exact opposite of who she is, has opened her eyes to all the fun she was missing. So when the perfect time came to finally get a sweet escape from her busy work life, she quickly took the offer without the slightest bit of hesitation.

She has been in the beautiful city for the past eight days with her friends, Yoona and Jennie. It has been Jennie's biggest dream to visit Seoul ever since she laid her eyes on the Goblin drama series. Yoona on the other hand, as a native of Seoul, agreed to tag both of them along during one of her annual visits to see her parents. She has been in their country as an exchange student and being with both of the girls has made her stay worthwhile.

They were to enjoy the haven for two solid weeks and being known for its best tasting food and top-of-the-line style in clothing, the girls were definitely living the dream.

On their ninth day, Rozie opted to stay in the first café she spotted while walking the streets of Gangnam. Jennie, wanting to make the most of the trip, decided to hunt down the places where her Kdrama series were shot. Yoona, being such a friend who would rather not take the risk of getting her lost, decided to go with her.

ROZIE'S POV

Raindrops busily fell on the window pane. It's such a bummer to have the skies drizzle while you're on a trip but I'm enjoying it so far. I like the feel of just sitting down all comfy, fiddling around my laptop on the side, while sipping my cup of coffee as I take glimpses of the scenery outside.

"Ahhhh. This is my kind of weather!" I can't help but smile to myself. Simple joys.

I jolted out of my thoughts when I heard my name being called.

"Coffee for Rozie!"

"Finally!"

I beamingly approached the counter and took one of the cups prepped up. I giddily got back to my seat and took a sip of my second dose for the hour. The coffee tasted a little bit different compared to what I had earlier. It has a stronger kick to it, the bitterness still lingering on my lips. Being a person who'd rather stay quiet than complain, I didn't dwell on it any longer. So long as it's going to perk me up in time for dinner, this will do.

I went back to burying myself with my reports on the screen in front of me. Despite being on vacation, I can't help but spare some time to check on the things I've left pending.

I belong to the management team in one of the BPO companies hence, time offs aren't defined as usual. Jennie has reprimanded me a million times how being this way can lead to burnout soon enough.

"There is such a thing as Work-Life Harmony, Zie. Please give yourself a break." she'd often say. But I just can't help it. I don't want any unfinished business on my plate.

I was so deep in thought on what else to include in the email I was about to send when suddenly...

"Hey, lady. You see, this is not what I ordered. I've been a regular customer here. Don't you think it's about time you know what 'my usual' is?"

I looked up to the person complaining at the counter. I was just two tables away so I overheard every word he said. He wasn't shouting but his voice was firm and profound. I could tell he was pissed off but still tried hard to keep his cool.

With furrowed eyebrows and eyes piercing through the girl behind the cash register, I can't help but pity her as the customers lining up behind the man gave her awkward stares. Her manager to the rescue, swiftly came by to check what the fuss was all about.

Would you really have to make a scene over a cup of coffee? I shook my head. I guess he must be a strong believer in the 'Customer is always right' policy.

Oh well.

Then, something hit me.

Wait.

Could it be?

I held my cup up and read the name written on it. And to my surprise, it wasn't mine.

The guy at the counter was still making a statement of his dissatisfaction. The lady who I believe was fairly new, seemed to be so fazed by him. The manager who was trying to salvage the situation tried to ask her staff what was going on to no avail. This just made the guy even more frustrated.

"So what now?? I don't have all day you know. Don't you have a run around of what to do when these things happen? Aigoo." He smirked as he put both hands on top of his head.

"Excuse me, sir, I don't mean to interrupt, but I think ... this may be yours." I appeared just inches away, holding the cup up front for him to see the name spelled out.

"Suga?"

To be continued...