44. Diwali Truth!

Wish you all a very happy new year! Enjoy the update...
_____________

Chapter 44

Siya's POV:

"Ariya, I said close your eyes and sleep." I told my baby devil irritated, after giving me a glare she closed her eyes.

I was patting her to sleep even though she wasn't sleepy, Ms. Attitude couldn't sleep without seeing her dad. But I wanted her to sleep because tomorrow is my daughter's first diwali. I wanted her to be fresh and enjoy the day thoroughly.

After she slept, I asked one of my maid to stand out of the room and went down to wait for my dear husband. He came after an hour almost drenched.

His tired face lit up and flashed a million dollar smile when he saw me. I approached him and touched his shoulder " Is it raining outside Arjun?" I asked looking outside.

"Work baby! " he told circling his hands around my waist. I took his coat off and dragged him to the dining area "Wash your hands Arju and have food it's already late." With that I went into the kitchen to make dosa for him. I dismissed all the maids in the kitchen to sleep since they were already tired.

I started making dosas but jumped in my place when suddenly someone hugged me from behind.

Arjun !

Resting his chin on my shoulder he sighed in relaxation. I love it. I love him close to me more than that he makes me feel functioning.

"Today was very tiring baby! I had to attend five meetings back to back and like cherry on top there was a problem in our water plant, had to stay all the while, talk to the mechanical engineers and.... Ah..... I'm drained." He told snuggling in the crook of my neck closing is eyes.

I touched his cheek and told him " Eat and sleep.... Sleep all you want." Usually Arjun would never say his discomforts out. He always used to maintain his demeanor as if he wasn't affected but my husband was also a human and I was immensely happy that he's opening up to me. Finally!

"Where is Ari?" He asked me. I told him that she's asleep and served him food. After he finished his food we both retired to our room.

I opened the door slowly without making noise, my baby is a very conscious sleeper. My eyes popped out of my sockets when I saw her playing with her teddy on the bed, she didn't see us, her full concentration was on her teddy.

"Ariya..." I called her name aloud. She looked at me with wide eyes but once she saw her dad, she got down the bed and ran to him in lightning speed. I didn't know where did the so called tiredness of my husband vanished?

She hugged him, traced his face and hugged him again, this was her daily routine. I sighed and walked towards the restroom
" Mrs. Arjun, look at my mommy." Told Arjun kissing Ari's cheek.

"Ofcours she's your mom and undoubtedly.... my mother in law." I told sarcastically hitting my chest before stepping into the restroom and heard Arjun burst into laughter.

I came out and changed my night ware then saw both daddy and daughter sleeping peacefully on bed.

They were inseparable!

____________

I woke up exactly at 5:00 AM thanks to my alarm, after taking bath, wore a simple blue cotton salwar and climbed down the stairs leaving both Arjun and Ari sleep. It's too early to wake them up, many maids were cleaning the whole mansion. I asked few of them to make Rangoli, sent few to clean the pooja room and make arrangements for the prayer. Deepa aunty suggested me a pandit for some special prayer today. I went inside the kitchen and saw our cooks preparing today's feast. I have invited Sanjana Akka and Surya yesterday, I called daddy he's on his way home. I need to meet him it's been long. Today according to our tradition, we need to take oil bath, which I did. After instructing my cooks about the preparation of sweets, I went to wake up my sweet babies.