Hangout

"I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD..." The music blasts suddenly.

"WHAT NOW..." I peel one eye open and look at my phone. "Why are you calling so early Aaron?"

"You down to go watch some movies?"

"At 8 AM?" I fight back a yawn.

"It's cheaper in the mornings!" He retorts.

Of course he would know that. Aaron is really meticulous about his money. I think he's even more than me. I always look for bargains and deals.

"But it's so early...." I close my eyes, enjoying the comfort of my bed.

"I'll treat you."

At those words, I am wide awake.

"IS THIS AARON? THIS CAN'T BE!" I gape. "The Aaron I know is very stingy with his money..."

"Whoa there! I'm not stingy...I'm just..." He pauses as he searches for a word. "Well, the offer will close in three seconds. Take it or leave it!"

"HECK YES!" I shout.

"Kay I'm coming at 8:30. I'll pick you up."

"Okay. See you then." I hang up.

Shoot! I frown as I realize what I had already planned for myself. I was going to do some snooping around to get some info on Zach and my aunt. Well, Sunny's aunt. Now that I think about it, there are still some holes in his story. Tsk, I would definitely notice that. I can't believe he would think me ignorant enough to not spot that.

"I'd feel bad if I cancelled on Aaron, especially since he's willing to pay for me. That's like a once in a lifetime opportunity..." I mull over my options. A movie is usually two hours so I might as well go watch. it's been a while since I last spent time with him anyways.

I hurry up and get dressed. I choose to wear comfortable clothes: black converse, black jeans, gray beanie, and an oversized graphic white crewneck. Then, I pour a bowl of cereal and then milk for breakfast.

I'm outside. Aaron texts me. I grab my backpack and head outside, leaving a quick note for whoever that I'm going out.

What the...I pause and stare at Aaron's car, or actually Drake's car.

"Isn't it the two of us?" I ask as I spot Drake. I hop in.

"Oh Drake asked to tag along. Do you mind?" Aaron turns around to look at me from the front passenger seat.

"No, not at all. It's fine, no biggie. Yeah, no problem." I nod.

"That's a lot of nods..." Aaron observes but he doesn't say anything more.

"What movie are we watching?" I change the subject.

"Captain America 2." Aaron grins.

"YES! IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG TO WATCH THAT!" I fist pump. Drake will NOT ruin my Marvel fanaticisms. I shall think of this as an opportunity to pry some of Drake's secrets out.

"I'm glad you're so excited." Aaron and Drake chuckle together.

"Chris Evans is ah-maze-ing!" I grin.

"Sure?" Aaron agrees uncertainly.

"Girls..." Drake shrugs.

"Hey..." I give him a challenging look.

"Nothing." He says innocently.

When we get to the theater, I order a big bag of buttery popcorn. I usually don't eat at movies because they are overpriced but it's CAPTAIN AMERICA! A good movie requires good popcorn. We choose to sit near the top middle so we can have a good view.

As soon as the lights dim in the theater, I grow excited as the movie begins. I love Marvel superheroes. The movies are my favorite.

When the movie finishes, I jump up and stretch. I love to wait until after the movie credits for the sneak peeks or the movie clips at the end.

"That was so good." I comment as soon as Aaron, Drake, and I leave the theater.

"It was okay." Drake shrugs.

"Just OKAY?" I shake my head in disbelief. "Are you crazy?"

"I'm not much of a fan. I don't hate it though." Drake yawns.

"Fine fine..." I frown. I also need to talk to him. How should I ask him?

"I got to bring Aaron to practice. His preseason football is starting again." Drake tells me. "Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah if you don't mind." I agree. This might be a perfect opportunity to ask him questions after.

Shortly after we drop Aaron off at practice, we pull up to a nearby park. I open my mouth to ask Drake the question that has been bothering me. But before I can, he interrupts me.

"I need to tell you my side of the story. I did not betray you Em."

"Keep going." I motion.

"Zach was going to send other people after you because he was afraid of losing Jason. The people were his really skilled fighters that could care less if you were battered or not. That's why I chose to go instead of them. Jason has always been with Zach and even though Zach seems like such a douche, he still has feelings. He would never say it but Zach needs Jason. They're best friends in a way." He sighs. "This is getting all messed up man. Jason hates Zach's guts but Zach could care less as long as Jason is still with him."

"You might wonder how I fit into the equation?" He answers my unspoken question.

"Jason and I are also best friends. I would never intentionally break his trust. He knows I'm also in the Ring. He doesn't know my full reason but he is cool enough to not ask. I'm doing it to look out for Jason but also for personal reasons." He studies his nails for a couple minutes. "I need the money from the fights. My grams is in a financial problem. She's the only family I got now. My parents have abandoned the family. I got to make money..."

This does clear things up a little.

"I'm not telling you this to get pity or anything but it's just to understand my situation. Okay, I know you have so many questions relating to Zach and Jason but it is not my business to say. Sorry." He apologizes. "But I think I may know someone who might have the answers your looking for."

"Who?" My attention piques.

"Jason is going to kill me, but you're the type to never back down." He rubs his temples. "It's dangerous too. I don't want you to get involved but you're going to look for trouble anyways. Talk to Donavan Romano."

"Coach Don?" My eyes widen.

"Yeah. I was surprised too." He stares at me hard. "You never heard this from me and please be safe."

"Well, thank you Drake." I hug him.

"No hard feelings?" He hugs me tightly like he always has.

"Naw. I'm sorry for being such a bitch." I admit.

"Naw, it's understandable." He pats my head. "Well, you up for some froyo?"

"Sure!" I grin.

------------------------

A/n
Thank you for all the votes and comments(:

My updating has become rather irregular. Sorry about that. It's been hectic but I'm trying my best here :)

Thanks for putting up with the wait!!!!

You're all amazing(:

I'll try to update more often but no guarantees or promises.

Comment!

Vote!

Critique <3