Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Bago ako pumasok sa isang labanan, dalawang katanungan lang ang itinatanong ko sa sarili ko. What would be my strength and my weakness in this fight? What are the chances of winning and losing?

As a pilot— or someone who's about to enter a fight, strength is always the courage. But in this fight, it isn't just the physical abilities, the expertise, but also the information, because there's always a battle tactic.

The terrorists in this modern day were not just trained to attack, but also to strategize. That's why in this airfight, you'll lose if you take your enemy lightly.

"We're on the site, initiating another battle formation," I announced.

Nang mapagmasdan ko ang kasalukuyang nangyayari sa himpapawid alam kong madali kaming mauubos sa unang posisyon namin.

They have a good quantity of aircraft. But I shouldn't be threatened by the quantity, because our units have the quality.

May mga piloto rin akong nakilala mula sa Mennace na nasa UASA at maging sa Sundon States Air force. I know that these pilots with me will never let me down. Because this is not just their fight as pilots, but for someone who is fighting for their country— and family.

A good quantity will never ever beat a good quality.

Masyadong malakas ang loob ng mga sindikatong ito dahil sa bilang nila. But they will not intimidate us, because we have the pilots—good quality of pilots that you they don't have.

I looked at the radar and found the enemies. I spotted the biggest plane— my target.

Nagsimula nang gumawa ng distansya ang grupo ko, ilang minuto na lang ay maaagaw na namin ang atensyon ng mga kalaban at kami naman ang susugurin ng mga ito.

I hit another communication button.

"Connecting to Mithia's base control room, this is the Flight in command for Charlie and Delta units, requesting a clear communication path with Air Command for Alpha and Beta units."

I need to talk to Commander Thanh San. I can't locate his jetplane.

While waiting for the control room to connect me with Commander Thanh San, the airfight between my units against the enemies started with continuous gatling guns, air twists and dodging of every bullet.

With just a few minutes after we entered the airfield, I successfully crashed ten aircraft, but with every enemy falling, my units were also declining.

A battle will always have deaths— but this battle will never have my death.

To be a leader, you have to possess a number of eyes that could watch your team— not to use them as your shield, but as someone to protect them as a leader.

I always wanted to fly alone, but once I entered a field with a team, I would always vow to myself that I'd touch down with my team. May malagas man o wala.

Mariin akong nakatitig sa unahan.

Few minutes left and I'd hit my own comrade. We are in the same situation with two jet fighters on our tail.

"Charlie 0024."

I pressed the button to give the pilot a command. "Copy that, Lt. Monzanto."

I looked at the planes on my tail. My hands tightened their grip. And I felt the sweat all over my face. I could see the distance between those planes on my tail.

"Follow my countdown."

"Eight," I abruptly slanted my jetplane to the left side avoiding another missile.