Chapter XL

I woke up from my comfortable bed, seeing the sunrise as it tries to perceive through the window; but not today. I got up and quickly shut my curtains. I grabbed my towel and went inside the toilet to brush my teeth, wash my face and take a bath.

After I was done doing all those stuff, I wore my proper attire for school. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I entered the kitchen and was met with the smell of waffles but no sign of my mother this morning.

I quickly grabbed the plate with two pieces of waffles and topped it all off with some whip cream, grabbing a knife and fork along the way as I started digging into my plate. My taste buds start to react by just smelling the waffle. 

I quickly shoved it into my mouth as my mouth starts to melt the waffle and as I moan inside my head at how delicious the waffle was. My mom sure knows how to make the best waffles. Once I was done eating, I set the plate along with the knife and fork on the kitchen sink.

I poured myself a glass of cold water before leaving. Once I was done, I grabbed my backpack on the floor and my phone sitting on the kitchen counter. I opened the front door and decided to leave, closing and locking the door after.

Winter is not yet over. A lot of snow was left along the way since it stopped snowing yesterday. I love winter, it's one of my favorite seasons next to Autumn but I love it more when it rains. Not that it is somewhat romantic, but it's because I love how the sky turns dark as the rain pours down. I see it, somehow relaxing.

My school is quite far from ours but I decided to ride the bike instead of driving the car. It's a nice day to ride the bike, especially if it's winter. I took the nearest route and decided to take a shortcut so that I won't be late this time.

School has finally started after New Year's ended. Don't get me wrong but, I don't like New Years. But I like welcoming a new year to my life but celebrating it... I'm not much of a big fan. I know it's a special event and that it is a wonderful thing but, I just hate it.

I hate it because it's my father's birthday.

I arrived at the school in less than 30 minutes. I parked my bike in the bicycle parking rack, putting a lock on the wheel as I closed my bag. I entered and walked towards my locker, hearing the people welcome each other's presence after the long winter break we had.

After I was done getting the things I need for my next class, I saw Amelia. "Happy New Year, my dearest Hailey Felicity Jones," She said as she handed me a black and gold box. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Thanks?" I said as I accepted the box and removed the cover. I was startled when I saw my favorite candy inside, two books that I've been wanting to buy and an electronic dictionary bookmark, best for when I am reading books that have words that I don't quite understand.

I hugged her and smiled, "You're welcome," she said. I dig into my bag and handed her a wrapped present that I bought her last December 29th. It's her time to furrow her eyebrows, she then soon rips the present and she smiled when I bought her what she wanted.

"I'm so excited to wear this," She said, referring to the one piece unicorn pajama, which I bought from Target that costs 23 dollars. She placed it in her bag and welcomed her for the present. 

"So, are you guys still not talking to one another?" She suddenly asked as I shake my head in response, "Homecoming dance is in 3 weeks and you guys aren't talking? What exactly did you do this time?" 

"It's not... It's just, things got... you know... out of control?" I said as I shrug my shoulders as she rolls her eyes at my stupid response. "You're out of control," she pointed to me as I plastered a not-so-pleased smirk.