Chapter 20 "Resisting this attraction"

Alexander's POV

So sweet innocent and...sexy...

The only thing I can think about right now is her. It's not like I don't think of her enough. She is always on my mind somehow. She is so... different.

Now I can't get her out of my head, Dammit!

I was so nervous about the meeting but she helped me calm down.
She came to me and rubbed my shoulders gently and I swear it was enough have my heart racing at an unbelievable rate.Her sweet words and soothing voice instantly calmed my nerves. She assured me that everything will be fine.

How can I deny her?

And it was. Everything went well about the meeting. We even got the deal. And it was all because of Sophie. People were really impressed, hell even I was impressed by Sophie's work. It was clear she really put effort into it as everything was so detailed and accurate.

I definitely made a right decision by hiring her. She is the only assistant who hasn't disappointed me yet in her work.

Mr. Brown was even impressed but not only by her work. That made me really furious. I didn't like the way he was looking at Sophie. It was obvious that his intentions were not good with her. Feeling protective about her, I shifted closer to her and placed my hand on the small of her back and I felt her shiver and what made me even more happy was that she actually came closer to me like she felt safe around me.

Just thinking of what disgusting thoughts he might have been having while asking Sophie for work makes me sick. I was trying so hard to control myself. The only thing that was keeping me from breaking his nose was Sophie, I didn't want to scare her.

That old hag! How dare he?!

Sophie was definitely not feeling comfortable around him but she didn't let it show. But what surprised me more was she refused his offer when he was agreeing to pay her such a huge amount. For a moment when he offered her the job, I was nervous that she might say yes but she again surprised me.

"No"

That was Sophie's clear answer to his shitty job offer.

I was shocked for a moment that she straight up rejected his offer before a knowing smug smirk came on my lips as I looked towards the old hag. It took every ounce of control in me to not laugh at his bewildered expression.

Hah! In your face!

I turned towards him and said,

"Well it was very nice meeting you. Not."

I added the last part under my breath but I guess Sophie heard because she smiled looking at me and it looked like she was trying to control her laughter.

After that I didn't I didn't waste any time in leaving that place. That man was really testing my patience.
I held her hand and dragged Sophie with me to my office and as soon as we were inside my office I burst out laughing remembering that bastard's face when he was rejected.

It felt so damn good

Even Sophie was laughing probably thinking about the same thing. It was a sight to see. Her head was thrown back and her hand was lightly clutching her stomach and the other hand was still holding mine. She was laughing showing her perfectly straight gleaming teeth. Her eyebrows were cutely scrunched. She looked so carefree.

After a while, when we stopped laughing I asked her the question that I was dying to know at the moment.

I asked her why she didn't accept his offer. She said she'd rather earn less money than becoming Satan's personal mistress. That made me chuckle.