Chapter 32

happy new year, everyone! i hope your 2018 brings you good fortune, positivity, happiness, and love. 

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 32

City Girl's POV:

When I first accepted the promotion Teresa had offered me to become the new Head Editor, I didn't realize how much time would fly by as I took up this new position. Practically everyday was full of approving manuscripts, sitting through meetings with heads of the firm either in the office or through teleconferences so all of the firm's head editors could sit in—it was still weird now seeing Teresa as my peer and not my boss—and assigning people what to do when I was used to getting the assignments.

But I had managed to do it all, and just like that, about four months had passed since I got my promotion—and around six months since I met Harry. When I came to this realization, it also dawned on me that the saying time flies when you're having fun really does ring true. These past few months, I've never been as happy in my life as I was right now. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it, but that's how I had been feeling for a while now. Most of it had to do with the man laying on my bed, pouting up at me.

"Why are you staying at a hotel when you've got a perfectly good flat here?" he questioned, brows furrowing lightly in confusion as he sat with his back against my headboard.

Harry was currently watching my pack a small suitcase for the weekend, which was going to be spent in The Four Seasons. As Zoe's Maid of Honor, I had set up a weekend for us at the hotel, with the help of my mother, and today and tomorrow were going to be spent getting facials and massages and every other relaxing treatment under the sun before Zoe's big day on Sunday. Zoe had been clear about not wanting a rowdy bachelorette weekend, so I went the opposite way of doing things. The only people invited were just us girls, so I had booked a suite with three beds that would be divided between the five of us.

I shot him an amused smile as I packed a couple of pairs of underwear. "Because it's a bachelorette weekend and we're disconnecting from the world."

His green eyes narrowed slightly, a light smirk tugging at his lips. "Does that mean disconnecting from me too?"

My smile turned mischievous as I teasingly replied, "Unfortunately." Harry pouted, making me laugh lightly as I zipped up the suitcase. "Zoe said if she can't talk to Carlos this weekend, then we don't get to talk to any of our boy toys."

Harry's eyebrows shot up as I walked around the bed and he sat up, eyes on me as I sat on the edge of the bed next to him. "Boy toys?" he repeated in that wonderfully British accent I still wasn't used to. "I take offense to that, love."

The playfulness was present in his eyes and tone as I leaned into him. "Why? You are my boy toy," I grinned as Harry shifted positions, letting his right foot dangle off the bed so I was sitting in the space between his legs.

"Oh?" Harry mused, the smirk still evident on his face as he leaned forward, on hand bracing on his right thigh while the other was on the mattress. "So all I'm good for is sex then, is that right?"

My smile widened, taking in the amused yet smug expression on his handsome face. His lips were brought into a boyish half smile, showing off a hint of a dimple as his bright green eyes gazed at me, dancing with mirth. "Obviously. I thought you'd know that by now."

Harry rolled his eyes and I laughed, though he swiftly silenced me by pressing our lips together. I kissed him back eagerly, before humming against his lips and mumbling, "I have to go."