For His Birthday

Josh's POV

So that's it, 7 years down the drain. What did I do to deserve this? I was good to her, I loved her, I respected her. And yet it was like I was nothing but a pawn to her, someone she could use for her own gain. What if that's all she was? Waiting for the perfect chance to leap off of my own success just to make herself something? I was so supportive, I did everything I could to make her smile, to make her laugh and yet now? Now it's just nothing.

Vik: "Joshy?"

I looked up from the palm of my hands to see little Vik standing in the door way, poor Vik being brought into the middle of all of this. He was so small and innocent, he didn't need to witness something like this."

Josh:" Hey Vik, come here buddy, are you having fun?"

I saw the little smile appear on his face, the beautiful grin the little boy wore whenever he was happy. And lately that had been every day, we would go to take him to get ice cream, to see a movie together, hearing his little squeals as the boy would shrill with glee if Ethan picked him up and put the little one on his shoulders while Emily would berate Ethan for not being careful, or how happy Vik would be when he got given the ball while he played Football with Simon and JJ. Or even when he would sit down and play fun games with Tobi, even Harry made him smile when the guy decided to visit. And don't get me started on the Cal guys, I swear Freezy is a bad influence on him but Callux, Sarah... They spoil him way too much. And Freya knew this, she knew that he would be spoilt rotten, she knew that bringing him to meet me would be bringing him to meet everyone and she said she didn't mind. That it would be good for him to make friends.

Vik: "Joshy..."

Josh: "What's up buddy?"

Vik: "Why are your eyes leaking, they look like the sink."

I couldn't help but chuckle slightly, he was so adorable, he was beautiful, he was everything to me and I looked after him and treated him like he was my own child. I mean, She got knocked up at a party, I was upset of course anyone naturally would be but, I wasn't upset that she cheated as she was drunk. Gee told us she was absolutely sloshed so I know she wasn't actively trying to get fucked. Though when she was pregnant, I was thrilled, I had always wanted a child, but she lost her. She was devastated but I stayed with her. I even put YouTube on the back burner, explained shit was going down and stuck by her. That was three years ago. A year later she adopted Vik. I guess you never really lose that feeling of motherhood and wanting a child when you fall pregnant.

Josh: "Well mate, some things have happened, and they are not nice things. But remember what I said to you yesterday?"

Vik: "That ever.. Ev Ev ery ting happens for a reason."

Im gonna slap the boys for getting ting stuck in his head I swear.

Josh: "That's right, and some things have happened and I am going to need you to help me."

Vik: "But I'm little. But I can't help you."

Josh: "You crawling into my bed at night seeing you smile. It makes me smile because we are friends, and I love you."

Vik: "I love you too daddy."

Ok, I know that's the boys fault but I'll let that slide. I let out a weak chuckle and saw the smile on his face, the sparkle in his eyes. With his whole future ahead of him.

Josh: "Why are you still up mate? Come on let's get you in bed, you have school tomorrow."

Vik: "Simon was reading me a book."

Josh: "And where is he now?"

Vik: "He said his mummy was sick and had to go. He made Lachlan read for me."