Chapter Eighteen: This Place Is Safe No More

FOXYS P.O.V

I felt my blood boil as I heard Y/n and that guy. There was something off about him and I can't place my finger on it. But I do know Y/n is in danger around him. And I'm not going to let anyone hurt my lass, no matter how angry she may be at me. Once she walks out, I see her glance over at me. I lock my eyes with hers for a split second before looking back towards the kitchen with a frown.

Darting back into my cove I make quick work of getting into the back entrance of the kitchen

"This body is so uncomfortable" I hear the same guy mutter, then a few cracking bones, and finally his voice again. But this time he sounded a lot more...Robotic "Now this would be a lot better if someone wasn't listening. You can come out now, darling"

I growl, stepping out of my hiding spot to face the monster who's trying to take my lass away from me. My eyes widen as I stare at them, my 'body' immediately stiffening

"Marionette?"

"Been such a while, darling" They giggle, taking a long stride over to me, and placing a finger under my chin, forcing me to look up "Rather overdue if you ask me"

"Leave Y/n alone" I snap, bringing my hook up and whacking them off

"Wouldn't dream of it" They purr "They're just a little play thing while I wait"

"Wait for what?" I furrow my eyebrows, staring at the crazed animatronic

"Boom" The Marionette whispers with an insane look, and with that they raise their arms, strings starting to pull them through the backdoor, the sound of bones cracking as the strings forcefully pull them up "Oh and by the way, your precious Y/n won't be yours much longer. I heard they're into freaks"

"Damn you" I mutter as the black pool of the Marionettes body disappears

I can't let The Marionette take her away from me. I've only just gotten her back. I can't let her go. I won't.

Y/n is mine.

YOUR P.O.V – Five Weeks Later

"I can survive on my own, mum" You groan, pouring the kettles boiled water onto the chocolate powder at the bottom of your mug, tapping your fingers onto the side

"I know, sweetie" Your mum insists cheerily, wiping the table down with a dish cloth before pausing to look over at you "I just...Like the area"

You chuckle, dropping a spoon in your hot chocolate before stirring it slowly "Mum, this is downtown, you tense up every time someone walks past the door, you hate the area"

She waves at you dismissively "Is it so bad that I just want to look out for you a little while longer, Y/N"

You sigh, turning round to face her "I know, but it's been almost two months since the-"

"Incident" She finishes for you, her smile faltering as she chucks the cloth in the sink and turns toward you "Since the incident that we have chosen to forget"

"That you've chosen to forget" You mutter, folding your arms defensively

"Is that really so bad?" She suddenly snaps, her lips pressing together in a thin line "I'm punishing myself everyday inside my own head because of what happened to you, it kills me every time breathe, Y/N, that I wasn't paying enough attention to you and because of that you were almost taken away forever"

For the first time in years you notice that your mother looks her age. Strands of grey have started to show through her usual H/C locks. Her smile was now strained as she looked at you, the wrinkles she has so desperately tried to keep away now were prominent on her face. Her cheeks which were once full and pink were now hallow, bags which had remained for weeks lay under her eyes, giving them a bruised look. She was tired, you could tell. She was so damn tired, and tried so damn hard to be a mother again to you. And you had pushed her away.