twenty-seven - coca-cola

noel

My dad called everyone to the dinner table to eat. I had finally finished straightening Carl's hair. It looked a lot better than before, but now I'm just tired and starving.

"Here you go, kids," my dad passed out pur food as Carl and I sat down at the table. "Hair looks much better."

"Thanks," Carl and I said simultaniously. Looking at eachother and slightly blushing.

"Did you get a picture before you straightened it," dad asked.

"Of course she did," Carl answered, irritation in his voice.

"Hey, it was a good picture," I argued. "You were smiling." He playfully rolled his eyes as we dug into our food.

"What happened," my mom asked, confusion written all over her face. Daniella as well.

"Carl finally let me take his cornrows out," I started to say with a mouthful of orange chicken. "After I did, it was all wavy and looked like shit, so I straightened it."

"Ah, much better now," Daniella stated. "I like this look on you better."

"Me too," my mom agreed.

"Thank you," Carl said, using his manners again. This time, catching everyone offguard. None of us had every heard Carl use his manners. In a serious or nice way, anyways.

"So, have you told Carl the news yet," Daniella asked me, killing my vibe completely. If I'm being honest, I love my aunt Daniella almost more than anything, but she can really get on my nerves.

"Daniella," my dad started, obviously just as annoyed as I am.

"Yes, I told him already," I said, letting how a frustrated sigh. "He was pretty upset at first, but I think he's accepted it now."

"Just because someone excepts something, doesn't mean that they aren't upset about it," Daniella stated, giving me this look that I couldn't quite make out.

"Daniella, can we please not do this right now," my dad demanded more than asked. I could hear the irritation in his voice and I really felt for him.

"Do what," Daniella said, clearly playing dumb.

"Carl, how are the rest of you Gallagher's doing," my mom said, quickly trying to change the subject.

"They're all good, i think," Carl answered.

"That's good," my mom replied.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Daniella," my dad argued back after a moment.

"I'm not doing anything," Daniella retorted, going back to her food.

"Can we please not argue, guys," I suggested, but of course they both just ignored me.

"Why did you even come back here," dad asked her. "You could've went back home in Florida to help mom. But you didn't. Maybe that's why she's sick." I let out another frustrated sigh as I made eye contact with my mom. She signaled for Carl and I to go upstairs to my room. I nodded my head as I gathered up my food, Carl following my lead.

"Sorry about that," I sighed as we reached my room, closing my door behind me and sitting myself down on the bed. "I guess we can just finish our dinner up here."

"Do they always fight like that," Carl asked me.

"Not always," I answered. "Only when Daniella is being a bitch."

"So, all the time," Carl joked. "Why would she bring that up?"

"I don't know. Sometimes she just talks too much. She never knows when to keep her mouth shut," I explained.