No, You Cannot Come With

Another two or three weeks has gone by(I don't keep track anymore) and I have been on the watch tower for most of it, with different partners each day.

Today I'm with Glenn and he won't shut up about what Carl's and I kid would look like, and now Beth is all over it too.

I try telling them we don't like each other in that way, but we all know that's not true. For me, anyways. I have no idea what Carl thinks and/or feels.

"Hey, Ally." Rick appears in the door of my cell. I look up from the book Glenn gave me that I still haven't finished. 

"Hey, Rick." I greet him, putting my book down on the bed next to me. "What's up?"

"Daryl, Michonne, Glenn and I are going on a supply run. Carl told me about the shot you made in the guard tower with the flower the other day." He smiles, nodding his head. "That's quite impressive."

I smile back at him. "Thanks."

"I told your dad about it, but he still doesn't think you should come with us on the run. I'll ask him again before we leave, though."

"Aw, thanks, Rick."

"No problem, we could really use you." He's got his hand on his gun, as always, nodding his head.

"And I could really use some toothpaste. Mind picking me up some if you can?" I sound as if I'm joking, but I really do need some.

He nods, laughing softly. "That's exactly what Michonne is getting too."

"Oh." I stand up, remembering something. "Speaking of which, I need to talk to her."

Rick nods, acknowledging me to walk with him. "Then let's go."

Once we're in the corridor, Rick and I walk side by side. "If Daryl doesn't let you go today, I'll try again next time."

I nod. Daryl's not exactly in charge of me, so I'll go if I want. I say to myself, but don't actually tell Rick that. "Thanks."

"Anytime."

We find Michonne packing the truck to go with Daryl, Glenn, and Carl. "Hey," I say to Michonne.

"Couldn't wait, could you?" Michonne says, turning around to look at me, a laughing smile on her face.

I shake my head and can't help but smile. "I won the bet."

Michonne rolls her eyes, though still smiling. "Fine." She reaches into her back pocket and hands me a candy bar.

"Damn, you won, didn't you?" Carl says as he walks by us, holding a bag to put it in the truck.

I nod, smirking. "I did." I open the chocolate candy and break it into three pieces. "But I'll be nice." And give both Michonne and Carl a piece.

"Alright, let's go." We hear Daryl say.

Michonne smirks at us. "I'll get more today."

"You better." Carl teases. Then Michonne walks away to the truck. I turn to Carl.

"We better go say adios to our padres."  

Carl laughs. "Wait. That means we should say goodbye to our dads, right?"

I nod. "Sí senor."

"Stop talking to me in a foreign language!" Carl jokes.

I laugh so hard, it hurts. "Yes that's what it means, cowboy!"

"Okay, good. Then, yes, we probably should go say goodbye." He grins, shaking his head.

I find Daryl about to jump on his motorcycle, as Carl talks to Rick, and Glenn talks to Maggie. "Hey, D."