Bonus Tip 1: Evangelize

*Warning: There is some swearing in this chapter. Just in case it bothers you.

"Urgh!" groaned Val, sitting on a bench. "Not him too!"

It was the last Sunday in October, coincidentally the day before Halloween, and the youth department of our church was out evangelising as we did every last Sunday of every month. This time though, it wasn't going so well. The park bins were filled with hand-outs we had printed, dropped there by recipients who thought they were out of sight. I was sure there were many more scattered outside the park, too.

"Don't worry, Val. God's watching, and He's the One who's going to do all the work. Our job is just to deliver the message and leave the Holy Spirit to do His job," said Oliver, as he sat by her.

"I know, but it is rather disheartening to see all this hard work go to waste," she said, waving at a hand-out someone had carelessly left on the grass. I picked it up, smoothed it out, and added it to my stack. Hey, I could always give it someone else who might need it more.

"Val, Oliver's right you know. Don't be so discouraged! God sees your effort, and He will reward you when the time is right. Besides, Philippians 2: 14 says—"

"I know," smiled Val. "Do everything without complaining or arguing. You win. Pull me up, and let's go win some souls for Jesus!"

I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm, and tried to give a hand-out to a woman pushing a stroller. She shook her head, and walked away, markedly faster than before.

I sighed in frustration. Just then, a man approached me. He was casually dressed in a polo shirt and faded jeans, and his shaggy brown hair was tousled. He looked like a nice guy who might live next door, with the exception of the steely glint in his eye, and the grim determination in his posture as he moved towards me.

"What the hell is this?" he asked me.

"We are the Youth Department of—"

"I didn't ask for your fucking life story, I just want to know what the hell this is!" he yelled. Spittle flew from his lips and some landed on my face. Eww.

If Mr Johnson had been closer, I would have just directed the man to him. As it was, my group consisted of three people, Val, Oliver and I, and Mr Johnson was all the way at the other side of the park. I had a feeling that this man wouldn't appreciate us asking him to walk all the way to the other side there.

"It's a hand-out we're giving to people, showing why we believe that Jesus is Lord," I replied firmly.

"Why are you sharing this? You're fucking people's minds up with this crap."

"We believe that God is real, that Jesus is His son, and that Christ came to die for us on the cross," added Oliver, who had come to stand beside me, as if to provide moral—and if it came down to it, physical—support.

"Science has proven that man was formed by evolution. The Big Bang. So why do you insist on believing in this fairy tale?"

"For one thing, science talks of the law of cause and effect. That something cannot be formed from nothing. So how then could the universe have been formed by 'nothing' so to speak? If there was a bang, then what banged? Who did the banging?" Val had also come to stand beside me at a point, and had contributed.

"For another, the Darwinian theory of evolution has a lot of 'plot holes' for lack of a better term to describe it."

"What does that mean?" asked the man, looking genuinely curious now.

"Let's say man evolved from monkeys," I proposed, trying to explain it in simpler terms. "If man truly did evolve from monkeys, there should be a gradual change in the life forms, not just a sharp change from monkey to man. But for all the research done, not a single life form has been found to support that theory. Not one. And besides, if man really did evolve from apes, then why are there still some apes around?"

"Plus," added Val, "Charles Darwin himself later admitted that there were faults in his theory and tried to take it back. But by that time, it had already spread too far."

The man looked overwhelmed by the facts we were stating for him. If he had thought Christianity was a fairytale, he had another think coming.

"Did you also know," continued Oliver, "that archaeologists and historians use the Bible as their reference point for many of their findings? Even if they don't believe in it as a spiritual reference, they do use the Bible to back up many of their findings."

The man then asked, "Fine then. If you believe that God created us, then who created God?"

I simply shrugged. "We honestly don't know. I can't tell you who created God. But I believe that if we knew all that, then He wouldn't be God anymore. The reason why He is God is because He is greater, more amazing and more incredible than we could ever imagine. If man could comprehend God, He simply wouldn't be God anymore."

Oliver, being Oliver, added a quote, "Bring me a worm that can comprehend man, and I will show you a man who can understand God. God isn't for us to understand. He's for us to worship."

"Why should I worship something I can't even see?" asked the man.

"It's faith. You can't see the air you breathe, but you have faith that every time you breathe in, air will enter your lungs. You don't control the sun, but you have faith that every morning without fail, it will rise. What makes you so certain about all that? Faith. Yes, it may be scientifically proven that air exists, and that the sun will rise, but there's also scientific proof that God exists."

"One last thing," said Val. "There are over 2500 prophecies in the Bible, and about 2000 of them have been fulfilled, the remaining 500 being end time prophecies."

The man took a seat on the bench Val and Oliver had vacated not too long ago.

"Wow," he said, and seemed incapable of saying more.

I took a seat by him. "Jesus is calling out to you. He loves you so much that He was willing to die for you. He wants you to spend eternity with Him. The question is, are you willing? Would you give all for Him? Would you accept Him as Your Lord and Personal Saviour?"

"I...I don't know. This is such a lot to take in. I have to some more research of my own, but trust me, I will find the truth," said the man. "By the way, I'm Dave."

"Kayla. This is Valerie, and Oliver. If you need anything, you can call the numbers on the tract. You could also visit our church on Sunday, in case you want to talk to any of the staff there. Whatever decision you make, we would love to know."

He nodded, and laughed. "I came here intending to give you all an earful about how you were polluting the minds of Americans, but instead, you've given me something so much more precious."

"The glory all goes to God," smiled Val.

The man—Dave—stood, and brushed off his jeans. "I have to go right now, but I hope to see you all next week—at your church."

I couldn't hide the smile that crept across my lips. "We can't wait to meet you there either."

So I'm back! And I'm a high school graduate, which means no more boarding school, which in turn means I give a date for regular updates. I'll be updating every Friday, starting next week.

For those waiting for the sequel to Emergency Princess (which you should totally check out if you haven't), Secret Royal, it will come out in a day or two. I'm just as excited as you all. I've really missed Emily and her wackiness!

So I'll see you all next week!