━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter five: revelations█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter five: revelations
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     IT'S PEACEFUL OUTSIDE of the Resistance base and Indira discovers that she likes D'Qar's atmosphere

     IT'S PEACEFUL OUTSIDE of the Resistance base and Indira discovers that she likes D'Qar's atmosphere. With nothing but the stars and the trees and the balmy nighttime breeze, she can truly appreciate the beauty of the strange planet. A still silence stretches out between her and the general, but it isn't the awkward kind, so Indira doesn't mind it. The two of them had walked to the outer grounds of the base, not straying too far from the perimeter but far enough away to truly be alone. General Organa led them to a secluded area beneath a canopy of trees just beside the bank of a trickling stream before taking a seat on one of the large rocks near the water. Indira had taken a seat beside her, waiting for the older woman to finally break her silence.

     Clearing her throat slightly, General Organa begins to speak. "When I first met your mother, she was seventeen years old," she tells Indira, pausing slightly. "I was nineteen at the time. We weren't immediate friends, but she risked her life to help rescue me from the Death Star. For that alone, I was forever indebted to her."

     Indira blinks at that, feeling absolutely stunned as her mouth drops into an 'o' shape. "I thought you met each other in the senate," she says once she's recovered from the surprise.

     General Organa scoffs. "No," she says with a shake of her head. "We knew each other long before that."

      "Wait. She really rescued you from the Death Star?" Indira repeats dumbly.

       Her mother had been a vehement pacifist. At least, that's how Indira had known her. Words and diplomacy had always been her mother's strength; not weapons. She tries to envision her mother as some sort of gunslinging rebellion hero, but the thought is too absurd for her to even comprehend. It's near impossible for Indira to picture her mother even shooting a gun — let alone staging secret rescue missions aboard the Death Star. Evidently, Jana Beren had kept more secrets from Indira than she had ever known.