Chapter Nine: Visitor

Chapter Dedication!
KoliveW
She's helped so much go follow her!

Unedited

P E R C Y U S

"We have a visitor from Black Lunar pack coming today, beta's wife or some shit." Lorenzo rubbed his eyes and shook his head to rid himself of sleep as he searched the cabinets.

I rested my head in the palms of my hands, groaning, "Great. What pack again? Seems familiar but we've been to so many I can't fucking remember anymore."

"Who the fuck knows." He said, his voice muffled as he dug in the freezer, recovering a box of Eggo waffles.

     "What time? I need to spend some time with my mate." I said.

     He peered at me, his jaw set, "You gonna yell at her again?" He said matter of factly, not to pleased with me.

     "No." I narrowed my eyes, "Asshole." I mutter.

     "Just making sure, since I know it's a frequent occurrence." He bit back, slamming his fingers down on the toaster, starting it.

     "Shut up." I growled, knowing it's true, but it's not like I want to hear it.

     He smirked and put the waffles back in the freezer, a smug aura radiating off of him. "Half an hour from now." He replied, grabbing a can of whipped cream.

     That's when I realized he was fully dressed for the day, looking sharp, while I was shirtless with low hanging, semi-wrinkled joggers that I had slept in. The house was spit shine clean, usually how it would be later in the day when all the ladies cleaned. My eyes widened as I realized I had only thirty minutes to get ready.

     "Shit, I have to get ready." I mumbled, my sleepy eyes popping open.

     I ran up to my room, seeing my mates tousled figure sleeping soundly, through a glance into her room. I immediately hopped into a scalding hot shower that beat down onto my skin, fogging up the mirror. I wrapped a towel around my waist and picked out a pair of casual jeans and a T-shirt.

     I slid the clothes on, drying my hair with the towel as I ran through the many reasons why a beta's wife would be coming. It could be a peace treaty, or the opposite. I hated when things like this happened, surprise visits were not my favorite since I knew it was urgent and work would have to be done. I had been looking forward to maybe lightening up and trying to be a better mate, but that plan was shot out the window.

      I let out a sigh and rake a hand through my hair and call it quits. Besides my height and aura of dominance, no one would guess that I'm an alpha. I don't dress in a suit everyday, I don't care about my appearance, I don't enforce strict rules. I go with the flow, letting my pack members do as they please and train however they want.

     I catch a glance in the mirror, hearing the terrifying shouts of my father ringing in my head. I was always told I wasn't fit to be an alpha. I was always told by him that I was useless, stupid, inequipped to take on the responsibilities for an alpha. With that, I flip my middle finger up at myself as I left, once again.

     I slowly entered the guest room leading to my mates sleeping shadow. I stopped to gaze at the beauty that lie before me. For once, she wasn't dreaming and that almost permanent look of indescribable fear was now gone. She looked so innocent and pure, like a child in slumber, dreaming of dancing on the clouds.