⊲|CHAPTER: 60 'GOD?'|⊳

Hey!

It makes me so happy when I find people actually liking my work and encouraging me.

You want an early update? Encourage me. That makes me want to update faster. Seriously, not kidding.

For those of you who are very observant it might feel like this book is written by two different people. But trust me I am only one.

Yes this book is totally childish in the start. I was young when I started. With no command over writing whatsoever. And you feel like it because I'm a fast learner. And I learned to write better eventually. I learned better in this book only. That is why you see the difference.

Those who didn't observe: read this chapter. Then go read any chapter in between 8-20... I guess. You'll see what I'm talking about.

GOAL: 200 VOTES!

Warning: get some tissues. There's going to be flooding. I guess.

Enjoy reading!

|🌀|CHAPTER: 60|🌀|

In my life I had never visited a wedding. Remember my parents were embarrassed of me and didn't take me with them to any events? Even though I was a nerd, I did watch some movies and television series to know little about marriages.

Like I had seen, I established Richard would accompany me down the aisle. Because no matter how much he hated me, he had to keep up a show in front of his dealers and the media. But then I figured his hatred for me was huge. Those dealers and media for which he was making my life a hell were nothing against his hatred for me. Because he wasn't there to accompany me. He wasn't there with me.

I walked out of the car, my heart beating at an abnormally fast rate. Most of all, I was scared. I was scared and there was no one to hold me. Mother arrived in another car earlier, leaving Maddy and Lia to accompany me.

Why was I alone then?

Well, Lia and Maddy had their own plans. They deserted me with the reason that they needed time to workout whatever plan (which I very well knew did not exist) they had of stopping my marriage.

"Promise me, whatever it is that you're going to do, that doesn't harm my Carter. Promise that," I had demanded before leaving the house. And they assured me that Carter will be untouched in any of those plans formulating in their minds. Because in anything they'd do, if Carter was not safe, there would've been no point of me bearing all the pain.

"And also take care that Lucas doesn't get hurt. He doesn't deserve this. Whatever you do Maddy, Lucas should be informed earlier. You can't just trick him into something you just came up with. He deserves better than this, you know that...."

I knew Lucas was a genuinely nice guy. He didn't deserve to be cheated on twice. After what his ex, Anna did, he had been broken. And I didn't want to be the one to cause him more pain. I didn't want him to face all of that again. I didn't want to hurt him.

"Sophie, be truthful with me, okay? You don't have any such plans, right?" Lucas turned his gaze towards me as we stood before the red signal.