Chapter 5

Travis's POV

Jamie fell asleep a while ago, but I think he's starting to wake up. He's just stirring and whimpering. Oh shit I think he's having a nightmare or something. How do I help this? I'll just do my best I guess. I walk over to his bed and crouch down next to him, trying to shush him. He lets out a cry so I think he's awake. I don't want to push his boundaries, but I know that he needs comfort. So I lift him out of his bed and sit him on my lap facing me on my bed. I grab Blue and put it in his mouth as I shush him, rubbing his back. He seems to like it, so I continue doing it for a while. That is until he finally talks. He asked me how I know what to do. So I won't lie to the poor kid. I tell him that I've had a little before and it was really good, until he wanted to daddy me instead of me daddy-ing him. It wasn't a good situation after that, but I don't want to tell him that just yet. He needs comfort right now, not my life story. He seems to be content now, so I lay him back down. But he won't let go of me. I guess we could share a bed for a night. It won't hurt anything, at least I don't think so. I just hope that he wakes up as happy with me as he is now. I guess we'll find out.