Sixty-Four

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jack

Oh, check this out! The next stage in teenage boy: Excessive Shirtlessness.

Ceci

Charlie hasn't worn a shirt for years now.

I don't understand it. He also takes his pants off and walks around in his underwear and gets mad at me for leaving the doors open.

Jack

Whoa! Whoa! He's going too fast. You don't start walking around the castle in your underpants till after marriage.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jack

Have you seen the Iron Giant? It's a cartoon for kids, and a pretty good flick. A giant robot crashes to earth in the forests of Maine. A young boy befriends him. The Giant, who has lost his memory, learns how to play from the boy and dreams of being Superman. But events trigger the Giant's true inner purpose: He is a planet crushing war machine, "a big gun." Although he is a magnificent and unstoppable weapon, he doesn't want to be a big gun and he is frightened by his own destructive power.

Today, I showed up for a public meeting in Justin's high school auditorium. A new athletic director fired a beloved football coach. The community is in shock. The students, including Justin, marched out of school, and protested the coach's termination. So, the administrators set today's meeting with the whole community. I came straight from work, was late, took the room's temperature, then took the podium for the final comment. Within a minute, the audience was cheering, calling for lawsuits, and the villagers were raising pitchforks and torches. This, and fighting for people's lives every day in court, and now the daily political strife. It seems like a continuous fight, "continuous war", but I don't want to be a big gun. "I'm a lover, not a fighter" (Michael Jackson) or maybe I'm a fighter because I'm a lover.

Cyrano de Bergerac was a lover and a fighter. Maybe you can't be just one. Maybe you need both.

Mostly I'm tired.

Bonne Nuit, Ceci.

Ceci

Sorry, I am just swamped at work and at home I'm trying to keep up and do more with Isaac (New Year's resolution).

The people I work for enjoy a state of chaos. They're not happy until everyone is upset and falling all over themselves.

I remember Jason, it sure is good to know he's becoming the man he could be.

Your post about Hitler yesterday was so terrifying and it seems days away. It is happening, these fat white crazy fucks are having their way. They've been talking themselves into a corner for years.

Jack

I know. I'm sorry. But even if everything goes to hell and beyond, I've got a plan.

Ceci

You're so smart, I'm so glad I know you.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Jack

Are you sure? Some of my plans are completely idiotic. Up until January 20, 2017, my plan was pretty simple:

1. Wait around for Ceci to become available

2. Make Ceci my love slave

3. Get a case of champagne, a box of Power Bars, and a room.

Simple.

Now that civilization is collapsing, my plan has been slightly modified:

1. Wait around for Ceci, and

a. Apply for the law school equivalency review through the Canadian governing body

b. Secure a waiver and/or take the Canadian Competency (bar) Exam

c. Secure a waiver or complete the 10-12 month "Articling" phase (internship).

d. Complete the special Attorney Visa Application and the pay $50(U.S.) application fee.

2. Make Ceci my love slave

3. Get a case of champagne, a box of Tim Hortons, and a room.

Still pretty simple.

Ceci

Ummm, too much. 😂 😂 😂

Jack

Yes, Ceci. Sorry. On face, it is too much, but only because I have not shared the full text of number 1.

Here is the unabridged version:

1. Wait around for Ceci to become available. But it may be a long time, maybe forever. So, Jack, don't stay home and wash your hair every night. In the meantime, advertise and if lots of women lacking sound judgment start lining up, feel free to cavort (note: try to pick women with terminal illnesses so that every once in a while you'll be free to check in on Ceci).

Is that better?

While you're thinking:

We now represent a beautiful, young, Canadian woman charged with domestic violence. The allegation is that she hit her boyfriend with a comb while the boyfriend was naked in the shower, then tried to stab him with scissors, and a knife. She told us the boyfriend is unemployed, came to her apartment, stole her money, refused to leave for five days, and got violent when she called the police for help.

We invited the boyfriend to our office today for an interview. Big guy. Hulking. Former college wrestler. Heavy weight division. Long muscled arms. Physically tuned. Wary like a predator. Mentally jagged from head injuries. And he likes to quote Scripture. I kept my hand in my pocket gripping a can of mace. I said to him: "So your girlfriend told us that you have killed a lot of people bad people".

He looks at me. Looks to the right. Looks to the left. Smiles big and slow, like he's on nitrous, and says, "Where's the evidence? Where's the bodies?"

THE END

[⭐Vote⭐ for champagne, donuts, and a room!!]

Photo: Skull by Flachovatereza, 2014 (Pixabay #517599).