Chapter 5: The Lightning Thief

Percy was lonely, ever since he was claimed by Poseidon nobody talked or interacted with him, except Ophelia who everyone liked. And here he was at dinner time sitting all alone at the Poseidon's Table, just like Ophelia who also sat alone at Hecate's table. She gave me a small smile of encouragement.

Ophelia looked at the sky in bewilderment, Zeus must really be throwing a hissy fit. Shaking her head she waited until after breakfast. Looking over to Percy, Chiron motioned him to the big house to get his quest/prophecy. Using my invisibility cloak I snuck into the room, I was a bit surprised when I bumped into Annabeth who was also shocked but quickly told me to shush. Sneaking in we both stayed quiet until Percy came back and told Chiron his prophecy.

You shall go west, and face the god who has turned
You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned
You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend
And you shall fail what to save what matters most in the end.

Crap that meant we're going to the underworld because if I know one thing everyone is quick to blame my husband.

Percy was only allowed to take two people, Annabeth and Grover. I just stayed hidden and decided to help in the background. Sneaking in Argus van as he drove us to the bus stop were we went to New Jersey, I spelled myself invisible so I don't have to worry about my cloak slipping. Sitting peacefully while listen to the trio conversation I was shocked when the bus was attack. "Seriously!", I groaned, I knew it when I sensed the Furies.

I turned to see that the trio getting ambushed by the Furies and fighting their way out, destroying the bus in the process, thank gods I got out with the other passengers. That was pretty stupid to crash the bus, what was he thinking, when we're done I'm so going to give him a long lecture.

After a while we walked into Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium where Aunty Em invited them in, and gave them some food. I was pretty suspicious and I had the right to be because as a goddess and the wife to the king of the underworld I could sense monsters. And I was right...

She then asks for a picture. She revealed herself to be Medusa, and tries to kill them but Percy slays her and sends her head to Olympus, and from the rumbling up above Zeus must have received him package I thought internally laughing. Serves him right.

The next morning, Percy awakes to find that Grover found a pink poodle named Gladiola. Who the Hades names their dog Gladiola and why in the world is the poodle pink. And from what I overheard apparently the dog ran away, with the way it looked I understood.

Anyways thanks to Grover they were able to communicate with Gladiola. The dog was willingly to go back to its owner so they can receive the $200 dollar reward. Percy asked how Gladiola knew about the reward, in which Grover told him read it. Percy just gave them a sceptical look. Returning the dog they used the money they got and took a train to the Gateway Arch.

Apparently along the way they found out that Annabeth wanted to be an architect for Olympus.

Smiling I left to use the bathroom and by the time I got back they three we're running for the train. Surprise I apparated quietly next to them and made sure I was seen.

"Ophelia what are you doing here?!", they asked shock. I told them I was just worried and wanted to help them out. They thanked me for my concern but told me it was dangerous, I just waved them off.

When they got to Denver Ares meets them not recognizing Ophelia presence which was a huge mistake on his part, and tells them get his shield from Waterland. They go to Waterland, only to find it was rigged with a trap by Hephaestus. They got the shield, and gave it back to Ares. He gave them a truck to ride in, and a backpackfull of things. They get on the truck, and leave Denver. Ophelia was disgusted by the treatment of the animals and quickly switched the food giving the albino lion the hamburger meat and the turnips to the other two animals, while carefully cutting of the gum on the zebra's mane. She needed to give her nephew a piece of her mind later on.

After a few minutes we finally got off and because of Percy whining. They get off, and go into The Lotus Hotel and Casino (home of the Lotus Eaters), where we given unlimited casino cards. It wasn't until later on when the trio ran off to play. That was when she realized, this was the home of the lotus eaters and where her step children were hidden. Walking out of my room in my 21 year old form I bumped into a little kid. As a girl came around the cornet yelling "Nico Nico get your butt back here", the girl Bianca apologized to me and i brushed it off with a gentle smile and invited them to have lunch with me. The girl looked at me skeptical but agreed anyways. The boy Nico was like a pocket full of sunshine, I was surprised he was Hades son, if you know what I mean. Anyways we bonded until I realized we've been here for five day. Before I left I gave them a bracelet each with a deathly Hallows symbol and I told them that if they were ever in danger I would come for them. After giving them each a kiss on the forehead and a hug, I left.

Walking out of the casino I saw the trio running out shouting my name changing into my 12 year old self, I ran towards them and we left. We left go to Santa Monica where a naiad gave Percy three pearls, saying it was a gift from his father. He then goes into DOA Recording Studios (funny the enterance to hell is literally in Los Angeles) where Charon lets them in after being bribed (I need to have a word with him later on). However throughout the whole ride Charon kept looking at me nervously, I gave him a wink before sneaking off. After waiting for them to get distracted I popped away and into our throne room.

My husband gave me a surprised look, before he pulled me into a hug and gave me a kiss. Stuck in our make out session we heard a cough. Looking over my shoulder it was a guard that told us that our "guest" would be arriving soon.

I never realized how stupid Poseidon's son is, I knew he wasn't the brightest tool in the she'd, but honestly! The more he babbled on, the more my husband got angrier and there was nothing I could do and he change into his "devil" form scaring the children shitless. After terrifying them I pulled my husband back down and ran my hand through his hair claming down as he returned back to his former self. The children looked at me with thankful looks.

Then Percy demanded for his mother back, I looked at my husband with a furious glare. He shrunk back when he saw it. He tried to apologize but I ignored him, while this was going on I returned Percy's mom back to his home. And told him they should return Zeus' lightning bolt soon.

And when they left I listened to my husbands pleas. Huffing I told him kidnapping was unacceptable behavior. After a while of his pouting I forgave him, but I made him promised not to do it to innocent people. I gave him one more kiss before popping away to check on the children. I came face to face to absolute chaos and destruction. I looked to the beaten form of my nephew Ares and the exhausted trio.

"What is going on!", I shouted everyone turned to me and looked at me with wide eyes as I marched towards them.