Chapter 36: The Road Ahead

A/n: HELLO GUYS! I'M FINALLY FREE! FINALLY GRADUATED FROM SHS (And life has become more complicated for me, lol)

I will start to release chapters whenever I can, but I can only guarantee 5 chapters for the next month. As for those who are expecting romance on this story, you guys might have to wait for a bit longer, and as Rui Wei is a single mother, well, you'll know when the time comes lol.

Btw, if you see any grammatical mistakes, typo, and doubled wordings etc. just comment down and I'll fix it right away.

Just be lenient with your words :)

***

It had been almost a week after we have left the premises of the Dragonsvein Kingdom.

Our carriage is neatly parked by the side of the Trees, the horses are being tended by Sona.

While Ruzi is playing at the riverbank, in one look he seemed to be just mindlessly kicking and punching in the air.

But in fact, those kicks and punches of his, have the weight of around 100-200 kg, really, a monstrous feat.

He is currently practicing the bodily martial art of 'Emperor Nuo Rui's 1st Style of Killing Arts'.

I have personally looked through the manual and found nothing wrong with it, in fact, I felt that the fighting style was fit for Ruzi.

Even though it is a killing art, I'm not afraid that Ruzi would get his head big nor would he transform into a mania-killing bastard, after all I'm here to guide him, I look forward to the day that his name would resound through the Jianghu.

Just thinking about it makes my heart swell with pride. Hoho, I'm raising a Heaven-Shaking Man!

--

Seeing that Ruzi and Sona were doing just fine, I finally relaxed my mind.

I walk towards a tree and sat down. I slowly enter a meditative state. Although my physical body seemed to be at rest, I could still observe the movements of my surroundings within the range of 500 meters radius. this is one of the perks with high Qi sensitivity.

As I see that the atmosphere was just right, I relaxed my mind and focused on Soul Techniques. This Soul Technique as the name suggests is an attack that mainly uses one soul to attack. This particular technique is one of the countless books that I obtained from the Dragon Temple.

---

After immersing myself on the technique for who knew how long, I fully took my attention on the surroundings I almost wanted to immediately withdraw!

Ah. why do I have to see such thing?!

No, it is not a horrifying mangled body of a human nor beast, there is no blood at all. What I had simply witnessed is an abandoned Disciple, from the looks of it, he was beaten up and was left in this forest to die. His robe indicates that he is an unimportant outer Disciple of that overly famous Xi Sect, that Xi Sect is more than a mountain away from here! Thinking here, he really is abandoned to die, is he not?

And Ruzi, who had gotten bored of playing on the water had just to wander around that area! Actually bumping onto that disciple!! Ah!

I immediately spread my Qi, and found Sona chasing after a 4th rank beast! She was probably getting ready for dinner, thinking that Ruzi was safe as I was just around the corner!

I couldn't help but feel a pang regret on my chest. How could I actually immerse myself in my cultivation that I actually lowered my guard! I could not help but feel like crying but had no tears to cry out.