Chapter 2

Steve carries Loki into his room and lays him on his bed gently. Loki whines until Steve comes back, shushing him quietly. "I'm right here little one, it's okay" Steve whispers into Loki's ear as he rubs his back, calming him down. When Loki is finally calm, Steve strips him of his clothes to bathe him. As Loki is being lowered into the water, he lets out a squeal. Steve is surprised, but keeps his composure. He calms Loki as he slowly lowers him completely. The water is warm, which is why Loki was scared. Loki never had warm water before, but Thor never knew that. Steve made a mental note to ask Thor what he knows about Loki's childhood specifically. Loki was pretty well behaved while in the bath, he even played with the green rubber duck that Steve gave him. Steve wrapped a towel around Loki so he could get him dressed, carrying him into his room. As Steve grabbed some clothes for the god, Loki admired the room around him. When Steve got back to him, Loki noticed something bad. Something very very bad to him, even worse than not being allowed food. Loki saw a diaper in Steve's hands, along with a onesie. Loki freaked out and tried to get out of Steve's grasp, but the captain was too strong. Steve had no idea what was causing the distress, but he held Loki lovingly while he tried to calm him once again. Loki realized that Steve wasn't trying to harm him, or else he would have already done it. So he calmed down enough to where he could be put back down. Steve proceeded to diaper and dress the poor kid, and when he was done he tucked him in. Steve wanted to know what had happened earlier, but he knew that Loki was too little right now. As Loki was slipping into dreamland, he felt something rubber on his lips. He opened his lips to feel a pacifier being placed in his mouth. He began sucking on it, to be left with a pleasant feeling. He liked that very much and Steve could tell. Loki heard faint whispers as he drifted off, but a few words were heard clearly. The words "I love you".