Chapter Twenty Five

Hey guys! So I posted another story called When Rain Falls. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

I finished getting ready, glancing in the mirror one last time before we left. I wore a white dress that flared at the bottom, stopping right below my knee. It had white, lace, quarter length sleeves and was off the shoulders. It was beautiful, but not too much. I thought I complimented my figure as well, hugging in the right places, but lose enough to fit like a glove.

I walked down the stairs and gathered my things along with my purse

I walked down the stairs and gathered my things along with my purse. "Alex, are you ready?" I called out to wherever he was.

A moment later footsteps came from the hallway, but stopped. I looked up and saw him eyeing me up and down. I did the same to him. He was wearing a dark navy tux with a white button up shirt underneath. He had finally gotten the hair cut he's been needed to style his hair perfectly like it was now. He was devastatingly handsome and today was no exception.

"You look stunning," he stated, walking toward me.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I complimented back, feeling more confident instead of shy from his comment.

He smirked and reached for me, pulling my hips to his. "Last chance to back out." He said, leaning in and pressing a kiss to the base of my neck.

"Well since you brought it up—" I said and his face lifted up with his eyes wide. I laughed at his reaction and shook my head. "No, no regrets."

"Good," Alex kissed my forehead before grabbing onto my hand and leading me to the elevator.

We arrived at the courthouse where Dimitri, Diana, and his parents were all there. The tension was thick as we approached them. Phillip and Dimitri both stood several feet away from each other not saying anything.

"Alexander," Amelia walked up to us smiling. She hugged each of us and kissed her son's cheek. "Anastasia you look absolutely beautiful."

I smiled. "Thank you," I locked eyes with my mom for a moment as I looked over the room. I thought I saw sadness in her expression, but I was probably just making things up in my head. I wished she would have been the one to help me get ready and be the one rushing over to us. Instead she stood by her husband, not saying anything.

The judge walked into the room, greeting us as he walked to the front . "Are we ready to start?" Alex and I nodded.

I looked around once more. This was definitely not what I expected my wedding day to be like, but I wasn't upset. I stood here with someone I cared about and knew that I was doing this for something bigger than myself. I finally had made peace with the idea of all this and was focused on one thing— taking down Dimitri.

Alex held on to my hand as we walked up to the front. His parents stood on one side while Dimitri and Diana stood on the other.

"Can we hurry this up?" We all turned to look at Dimitri, including the judge. I narrowed my eyes at him as he stood there grimacing.