Chapter 20 - Ends and beggings

"I would rather, I would rather go blind boy
Than to see you, walk away from me child, and all
So you see, I love you so much
That I don't want to watch you leave me baby
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't want to be free no"

Harley's P.O.V.

I woke up with the sound of a ringing phone, not mine, I was sure. Alix had her arms around me and I smiled. What a great way to start the new year.

- "Babe, wake up, I think your phone is ringing." I said gently bringing one of her hands to my lips to kiss it. I didn't dare open my eyes just yet.

She groaned, not wanting to move and snuggled closer to me.

- "Let it ring, I want to sleep." She said with a contented hum as our bodies tangled in comfortable bliss.

The phone stopped ringing, but after a couple of seconds it started to go off again.

Alix groaned again, this time sighing in preparation to move herself out of our embrace and turned around picking up her phone and answering it without looking at the screen.

- "Yes, what's so urgent?- what?!" She blurted the last word as she shot up and now sat on the bed.

I looked at her, my eyes wide now for I worried about her reaction and she looked back at me, she looked concerned as she heard whomever was speaking to her talk.

- "She probably has her phone on silence, but that doesn't matter. Where is she now?" She asked and got off the bed.

- "Alix what's happening?" I had a bad feeling about this, the way Alix looked at me, made me feel uneasy.

- "Ok, ok, yeah we'll go there. Thanks June." She said and quickly hung up.

She looked at me as I got up from the bed as well. For some weird reason my hands were shaking, I had this weird feeling that something was very wrong. The pitifully look Alix had on her face, mixed with fear and concern had me shook to the bone.

- "Harley, something happened. You have to stay calm and get dressed. Ok?" She asked gently, almost like she was trying to defuse a bomb before it exploded.

My voice was weak and I had this sudden urge, this heaviness in my chest, I felt like crying. I knew what this was about and it felt unreal. My head was spinning from all of the feelings I went through in such a short amount of time.

- "Alix, please just tell me what's wrong." I asked, my eyes getting watery. I knew what was wrong. But it wasn't real. Not until she said it. Until then it was a nightmare. And I was going to wake up.

She came up to me, slowly, taking in my reaction to the words that came out of her mouth next.

- "It's vovo, she's in the hospital Harley." She said almost in a whisper and her face held sadness, tears formed in her eyes but she was containing herself from releasing them. For me. She was trying to be strong.

I felt like all air was kicked out of my lungs as I heard it and realized I wasn't having a nightmare.  It was real, it was all real. A tear escaped my eye, but I couldn't move or talk, I couldn't do anything.

Alix took my trembling hands in hers, squeezing them.

- "She, she's going to be fine. We'll go there now. Our parents are still sleeping. Get dressed and I'll call a cab." She said, but I could see her tearing up as well. I don't think she believed the words coming out of her mouth as much as she wanted me to believe them.