First Ultrasound

Lana's POV

        Today is my first ultrasound and I am freaking out. I always freak out for ultrasounds because I am so scared of finding that something is wrong with the baby. When I was pregnant with Maddie everything was different though from the way it is now. With Maddie, I didn't even look at the screen because I knew I wasn't going to keep her with me and if I looked at a picture of my baby girl I would get even more attached. With this pregnancy, I am going to be all in it and try to be involved as much as I can. I am praying that nothing bad will happen to my little peanut inside me. 

Sean: "Morning love, you should get up and get ready now since we have to leave very soon. I can't wait to see the little one up on the screen!"

Me: "Sean, the baby is only a few weeks along so all you will see is like a shape of a bean on the screen."

Sean: "But it is my bean."

Me: "Haha, I love you."

Sean: "I love you as well my beautiful lady. By the way, if you are wondering how you slept in so long, Maddie came running in here but I got up and made her breakfast. Also, I got her dressed for the day... Look at me go!"

I laugh and roll off the bed to get up and give him a big kiss. 

Sean: "Damn, I will do that more with the kids if that is your reaction every time."

I laugh and walk away to hop in the shower and get ready for the appointment. After I shower, get dressed and do my hair and makeup I am ready to go. I head downstairs and Maddie runs into my arms.

Maddie: "Morning Mommy! You sleep long Mommy."

Me: "I know, Mommy had a great sleep. Do you know where we are going today?"

Maddie: "Doctors, but not for me, for baby!"

She pointed to my stomach and hugged me tightly. Sean and I talked to her about the baby and where the baby grows. I don't think she understands really all that much considering she is three and afterward totally changed the subject to ice cream, but we have a couple of months to get there. 

Me: "Come here baby, lets put your shoes on."

I helped her put on her runners and took her to the car, buckling her into the car seat. 

Sean: "Ready Freddy my girls?"

Maddie: "READY SEANY! See baby now!"

Me: "Ready, can we stop for burgers afterward? This mommy is hungry."

Sean: "You and your burger cravings."

        We get into the doctor's office and sign in. My nerves start to increase and I am just bouncing Maddie on my lap. I think Maddie believes she is meeting the baby today because she keeps repeating over and over, "See baby.". I try to tell her we are seeing a picture, but she just looks at me with a blank face. 

Doctor Malta: "Lana Parrilla?"

Me: "Here! Hi, nice to meet you."

Doctor Malta: "Nice to meet you too, follow me please. You excited?" 

Me: "Yep! A bit nervous, but that will go away soon hopefully."

Doctor Malta: "Anxiety is very common for expecting mothers and I see this isn't your first rodeo? Hi cutie, what is your name?"

She points to Maddie who is now sitting on Sean's lap in the chair beside the bed. 

Maddie: "Maddie! I see baby today and Mommy has baby in stomach. You get baby out?"

Doctor Malta: "Haha, hi Maddie. Your Mommy does have the baby in her stomach, but we will just see pictures of the baby  today."

Maddie gives the doctor the same blank stare that she has given me 20 times today. The doctor then starts to work with the ultrasound machine and rubs that gel and probe on my tummy. 

Doctor Malta: "Sorry if this is a little cold, now let's see what we got here. You are 10 weeks pregnant so obviously, I can not see the gender yet. Have you two discussed if you want to know when the time comes?"

Sean: "No we haven't yet, we will soon though."

Doctor Malta: "Perfect, you still got time. Ok, so you are pregnant with one baby. This right here is your baby, that tiny shape that looks like a jellybean. Small for now, but just wait a bit and you will be able to see body parts."

I start to tear up and sigh of relief. I am having one baby thank goodness, I went from zero kids living with me to two in a matter of months and I could not take on more than one newborn with a toddler. No way. My little jellybean is real and inside me, safe and sound. Sean picks up Maddie, puts her on his hip and walks towards me. He puts my hand in his and we just stare all teary-eyed at our baby. 

Maddie: "Where baby?"

Me: "The baby is right here honey, that little spot right there." I say as I point to the baby on the screen. Maddie scrunches up her face in confusion and whines. 

Maddie: "I want baby here! I can't see!"

Sean: "Honey, the baby is too small to come out yet, he or she needs to grow to be big and then they will come out and meet you."

Maddie: "Ok Seany."

After we get our pictures and talk to the doctor about the next appointment and all that fun stuff, we head out to go get burgers. I am so incredibly happy my baby is healthy so far and looks perfect. Wait... how am I going to explain this to my boss and the public? First, my long lost daughter is back, then Sean and I are a couple and now I am pregnant. My evil regals are going to go wild. 

Hey readers! This chapter is a little boring, but it is just a filler to give you guys info on the pregnancy. Today's question of the chapter is... Do you have any pets? If so how many and what are they? If not what is your dream pet?