Chapter 6

I put my phone down a few minutes later, rolling over to get comfortable, the smile still lingering on my face.

***

I wake up to my phone buzzing from my bedside table. Groaning, l lift my head up. It's Nathan.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I hear through the phone

"What's up?"

"So you know how it's my birthday in a few weeks..."

"And?" I prompt.

"Would you like to perhaps host your lovely brother for a few days as a present?"

"Totally! Why can't I just come home instead though, I haven't seen mum or dad in a while," I say curiously. He groans.

"Mum's been all up my ass about figuring out where I want to go to uni, I just need a break."

I laugh, remembering how she was when I was his age.

"Yeah, sounds like her. Do you want to come down next weekend? I can ask Ben if he can cover my shifts at the restaurant."

"Yeah, I'll drive down after school on Friday!" he says excitedly. We've always been close and once I moved away, we barely ever saw each other so I was excited to hang out with him.

"Sounds good!"

"Oh wait, before you go," he says, "Did you ever figure out whatever that was on Sunday?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you the whole story when you get here. Oh, and there's a new friend of mine I want you to meet as well," I say, deciding I should introduce him to Tobi.

"Whatever you say bro," he responds.

"Ok, I should go, text me when you get to London."

"Alright, see you soon!"

"Bye!" I say, and drop my phone from my ear.

"You better give me back my hoodie!" I hear, and put the phone back to my head.

"We'll see," I laugh, hanging up.

I get up and groan as I remember I have work today. Putting on sweatpants and a cropped sweatshirt, I head out of my kitchen.

Picking up my phone again, I dial Alicia

"What," she says as a greeting.

"Come over, I'm making pancakes before you go class." I hang up, put my phone down, and get mixing.

***

It's around 12:00 when Alicia leaves, going to her photography class at uni. I finish the cleanup and sit down at the table, deciding to do some drawing before I'm interrupted by a ping from my phone. It's Tobi.