Chapter 7

"It would make more since with the chicken coming first." Annabeth protests, picking at her lunch sitting on the table in front of her.

"But where did the chicken come from? Shouldn't it be the egg?" Frank is backing up his side of the argument.

I quickly butt in, on the side of the chicken first. "But who would sit on the egg, to you know, hatch it."

Jason asks, "But where would the chicken come from? Like one day, poof, there is a chicken?"

"Where did this conversation come from?" Luke comments, looking up from his phone for the first time all of lunch.

I shake my head. "I don't know. Weren't we talking about that Chemistry test?"

"I have no idea." Piper says, laughing. "We are insane."

"Maybe." I say, getting laughs from everyone around the table. I begin to clean up my lunch. "I need to study for that Math test next period. Anyone else want to come?"

Annabeth stands, pulling her backpack over her shoulder. "I'm coming. You'll need help." She gives me a smile, before throwing her trash away.

We say goodbye to our friends as we head down the hallway towards the library. "What do you need help on?" Annabeth asks me.

"All of it."

She laughs at me, "You are going to fail."

I nudge her, "Great friend you are."

"The best." She replies while giggling. Once we reach the library, we spent the next twenty minutes cramming for the upcoming math test.

~

"I failed that. So bad." I tell Annabeth, while walking out of the classroom.

She laughs. "I think I did well."

"You always do well."

She pushes me, causing me to stumble. "Shut up."

I chuckle at her. Before I could say anything, someone cut me off. "Aw. Look at you two." Ethan says, approaching us, with his little gang.

"Go away, Ethan." Annabeth grumbles, walking away quickly.

"Now, what fun would that be?" He steps quickly in front of us, cutting us off.

I am beginning to get very annoyed with this kid. Well, I always do not like him, but I thought he was going to leave us alone. Guess he changed his mind. "Cut it out, Ethan. Do you want to go through this again?"

"What again?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, clearly mocking me. It took everything for me not to punch him in the face at that very second. Instead, I give him a look, sort of saying 'cut it out or I will cut you.' He didn't leave though. Instead he walked closer to Annabeth, getting up in her face, playing with her hair like he did the first time. "How about you and me hook up some time?" I am not about to let him lay a hand on Annabeth. The anger built up inside of me, as I took a step closer to them. Annabeth's eyes connect with mine, saying 'Don't'. I can see that she wants to take care of this herself. She gives me a warning look, telling me what she was about to do. Before I respond, Ethan is on his butt on the ground, with Annabeth holding his shirt, her fist hovering above his face.

"I think I said leave us alone." I let a small laugh escape my lips. I immediately stop as soon as I get glares from Ethan's friends. Finally, Annabeth let go of Ethan and walks back towards me.

"Damn girl." I give her a high five while taking one last look at Ethan. His 'gang' was trying to help him up, but he kept swatting their hands away, getting up on his own. That has to embarrass him, just getting beat up by a girl.