1: There Goes My Party Virginity

"I feel confident for this quiz," Dominic says as we enter the discussion section for our politics class Friday afternoon. Roughly forty five minutes later, he exits and shakes his head. "I totally bombed that. Anyway, do you want to hang out tonight?"

I laugh loudly at the change in confidence before shrugging. "Sure. There aren't any crazy parties you want to go to?"

"Are you saying you want to go to a crazy party?" His brows raise on his forehead and I chuckle.

"No, I am not saying that." I'm not a partier. He knows that. I know that. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge.

He lets out a dramatic sigh. "You know, I just want to take you to a party and watch you have fun."

"No, you just want to get me drunk and watch me make a fool of myself," I correct him.

"Would that be so bad?" He seems amused at the concept of me embarrassing myself in public. I put my hands on my hips and offer him a glare.

"You know what? I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." I watch him struggle to control his giggles. "Anyway, I have to go get ready for my dinner date. I'll text you when I'm done and we can hang out."

I go to walk away and he grabs my arm. "Dinner date?" He wiggles his eyebrows rapidly. "Who's the lucky guy...or girl?"

"Katherine," I reply dryly. She's the only friend I've really made here, at least the only one that I've made without Dominic's help.

"Ah yes, my replacement." He gives a brief, solemn nod.

"Shut up."

"Text me when you're done trying to replace me," he yells as I walk away. People are staring. He knows I hate that. "I'll be here...waiting...alone."

I give him the finger and he just laughs before turning and hopping wherever it is he has to be. I reach the cafeteria Kat and I planned on meeting at and look around curiously. My tall, blonde friend is nowhere to be seen. "Nova!" I hear behind me and I glance back and see her jogging over.

I don't know what it is about me but I seem to attract athletes. Kat plays volleyball but feels as though she doesn't fit in with the team and has found friendship elsewhere. And by elsewhere, I mean the math club where she spends her Monday nights. "Hey," I greet her, grateful that she is also not a hugger.

We make small talk as we get our food and sit down. I sit across from her and she smiles at me. "So what are your plans tonight?"

"I'm just going to hang out with Dominic." I don't even know why she bothers asking anymore. I do it every weekend- hell, I do it everyday. 

"Are you sure you two aren't dating?" Her tone is curious and I want to roll my eyes at her.

"Positive." I even go as far as to let out a laugh at the idea of me and Dominic dating. 

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow night?" She seems hopeful and I can tell her next statement will be one I don't like too much. "There's a little get together with a couple guys from the lacrosse team. I know you said parties aren't your thing but this one is supposed to be laid back, only about twenty or so people. I can drive us there."

"Um..." I hesitate. That'd go against everything I stand for.

"Please?" She even forces a smile onto her pretty face and I sigh in defeat.

"Okay..." I agree and silently contemplate how messed up it'd be if I were to cancel last minute.

"No last minute cancelling!" Dang it.