Chapter 18

Chapter 18

**I totally didn’t do this in my Art class… -Jade**

I spent my weekend with comfort food and Leonardo DiCaprio. Not literally, obviously. I had never met the guy. But I watched Romeo + Juliet and the Great Gatsby around 5 times each. I don’t know why I was so distraught! It’s not like Kol and I were even dating, but I just felt like part of me had been torn away. I missed his infernal smirk and playful banter. I also missed Elijah, though not as much. I believe our friendship is all but destroyed now. They had both tried to call me, and I had numerous texts from Elijah, Kol, Rebekah and even Klaus to see if I was OK. I ignored them. Stefan was right. They were dangerous, and they did hurt me. Though not in the way he imagined.

I decided to text Caroline.

‘Hey Caroline. I need some cheering up, if you’re up to it. Not sure if you heard what happened at the ball. Explain later.”

 A few minutes later my phone dinged with a reply.

 ‘At the grill. Join me? We can drown our sorrow with vodka’

 I smiled.

 ‘Be there in 30.’

I went to my room and got changed into something more grill-appropriate. I walked there. I swear I never used my car anymore. I arrived to find Caroline sitting with Bonnie in a booth so I walked over to them.

“Hey Bonnie, Caroline.”

“Oh Bethany!”

Caroline got up and gave me a hug, which I gladly accepted.

“You heard?”

“Yes. I’m so sorry Beth.”

“What is going on?” I sat down and turned to Bonnie.

“Caroline? Can you tell her? I really don’t want to turn into a fountain in the middle of the Grill.”

Caroline explained the story to Bonnie.

“Oh my gosh Beth! I’m so sorry!”

“It's fine. It was never going to work.” There I was, lying to my friends, and to myself.

I had thought it would work, I though I had changed him. He had definitely changed me.

“Beth, original alert.” Caroline glanced pointedly over to the door, where Elijah had just walked in.

I groaned.

“Hide me!”

Too late. He was making his way towards us. Just my day. Caroline stood up and walked in front of him, effectively hiding me.
“I need to speak to Beth.”

“Well she doesn’t want to speak to you. So bye!”

Elijah pushed her out of the way.

“We need your help, Beth.”

“And why should I help you?”

“Our mother is trying to kill us, all of us. And it’s happening tonight.”

“So?”

Elijah looked at me sadly.

“I had hoped.” He swallowed. “That you still cared enough for the members of my family that you would be willing to save our lives. Obviously I thought too much of you.”

He walked off. Should I? No, they are what Stefan said, Dangerous and cruel. But they are my friends! Argh! I was having an internal battle with myself.

“Do it Beth.” I looked up to see Stefan.

“What?”

“Go for it. Do it. Go and save your friends.”

“But Stefan-“

He held his hand up to silence me.

“I would do the same thing for my friends and only love, so why shouldn’t you?”

With that, he walked off, leaving me to race off after Elijah.

“Elijah!” I shouted after him. “’Lijah! Get back here you git!”

He turned to face me with a look of delight on his face. Wow, he was bi-polar. But then again, I kind of was as well. Before I could stop him, he pulled me into a hug. I let him, but then I pushed him away softly. I wish I could stay angry with him, but it was so easy to forgive him.

“What’s up?”

“Well… Our mother wants to kill us, so last night she bonded us all together so if one of us dies, we all die. Finn as placed himself up as the sacrificial lamb. My mother is planning to kill us tonight, but we don’t know how, or where. The Salvatore’s said you were the smartest girl in this town, so… here you are.”

“So basically you want me to formulate a plan and claim it as your own.”

“Well, we do have a reputation to protect.”

I rolled my eyes.

“I refuse to work with Kol.”

“We need to work together.”

“You, Klaus, Rebekah and I need to work together. Kol is annoying.”

“He won’t leave.”

“Fine then. Ignoring time.”

We walked up the porch and into their house. Klaus had already laden the tables with maps and paper. He was sure desperate not to die. Fair enough though. Rebekah, Kol and Klaus were bickering already. Eesh. I’m surprised they’re all still alive.

“I also bought you here as a bit of a peace keeper.” Elijah whispered in my ear.

“NO. We do not need to involve Finn in this.”

“We can bargain with him.”

“He is beyond saving. He was always mummy’s boy.”

“But-“

“NO. I will pull out and leave you to die!”

“OH MY GOSH. SHUT UP KLAUS.”

“No! I will not do it.”

This was so overwhelming. It was like their vampire super speed affected their thoughts.

“Bethany.” Klaus nodded to me. Kol attempted to catch my eye but I, as I had planned, ignored him. I probably did overreact last night, but I did not appreciate what he did.

“Klaus, Bekah. I heard you’re in a spot of trouble."

*If you liked this chapter, please consider clicking that little star! It is much appreciated!*