Chapter 32

Thank you so much AmongMillions for the Awesome Crave cover above!

And thank you Ronika001 for the awesome covers below!

And don't forget to follow the instagram account day_dream_1011 for more awesome covers and pictures!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-
Chapter 32

       Nightmares plagued my dreams, or maybe it was the other way around. Little snippets of images flew past my mind's eye over and over again. Images of blue eyes and the feeling of a tight embrace, of red stones and slow, loving smiles. It both made my heart soar, and ache.

       Images that refused to let me sleep.

       My eyes blinked slowly open as I let out a long, soft sigh. My head ached, and my heart beat furiously in my chest. Would this confused, endless cycle in my brain ever end?

       Eirik lay sleeping beside me, his breathing steady as his thick arm rest heavily along my waist. He hadn't moved once, not since lying down on his stomach beside me in the small tent Aeyron and Terif had constructed.

       He had fallen asleep almost immediately, and I smiled as the hard lines and ridges of his handsome face eased once he fell into a peaceful slumber. At least one of us could sleep.

       But even now, as I watched the planes and ridges of the hard muscles in his back move with each breath, I could see the tension strumming through his body. His grip around me did not ease throughout the night, and even though his face was pressed against a pillow, that someone had managed to bring, I could see the readiness of his resting brow.

       He was not letting himself rest as deeply as before.

       I blinked up at the burnt orange color of the waxed-linen tent, and let my hand run soothingly over the bare arm circled around my stomach. He made a noise in the back of his throat, his arm tightening around me, before relaxing once again.