8• Lycorns & Knomepyres

"Lean your head back.", Gabriel orders gently.
I do as he says, blinking up at him as he brings a cup full of water up to my hair and rinses away the shampoo. Gabriel decided to just sit on the edge of the bathtub this time with his feet in the water. He said it was easier this way.

I wrinkle my nose," It stinks."
He smirks at me as he wiggles his fingers through my hair and repeats the process," Hush. It's good for your hair."

I grimace and rub at my eyes as some soapy water gets into my eyes. Gabriel quickly gets a dry washcloth and wipes gently at my eyes," Sorry, Sorry."

I sniffle, still wiping at one of my eyes," Good for it?"
He brings the cloth back when he sees I'm still wiping. He weaves his fingers into the hair at the back of my head and gently tugs until I'm facing the ceiling," There we go."

He explains as he pats my eyes lightly," Yeah, good for it. Your hair is a little brittle and dull right now. This will help."

He studies my eyes carefully as I blink up at him. He smirks," Better?"
I nod.
He taps me on the nose before grabbing the conditioner and lathering it in my hair that fell to my hips when it was wet," Jesus Christ your hair is long. It needs a trim."

I pull away from him, holding my hair in a bundle to my chest," No!"
Gabriel jerks back and puts his hands up diplomatically," Hey, hey! Cool it pipsqueak. We don't have to trim your hair if you don't want to."

I eye him warily, slowly easing back in the bath water. His eyes flicker to my chest, before they quickly dart back to my face.
He clears his throat and begins working his fingers through my hair.

I get bored pretty quickly and find his toes under water. He laughs and playfully tugs on my hair," What are you doing?"
"Playing.", I say while wiggling his big toe.
He snickers," Lean your head back silly."

I watch him as he rinses my hair again. He has a content smile on his face as he bathes me," I could get used to this."

"Get used to what?", I ask him.
He starts to grab the scratchy sponge and the 'intense moisturizing body wash' he created for me. I like it. It smells like plums, peonies, and marshmallows - like moonlight.

He starts to scrub at my arms in small circular movements," Doing this - bathing you everyday. It may be hard for you to understand, but for Guardians it's the greatest honor to care for our Soul."

I grab the other sponge and try to mimic his actions to my thigh," It is?"
He snorts and smirks when he sees me trying to scrub myself," It truly is. It shows that you have the upmost faith and trust in us to take care of you when you're the most vulnerable. That means a lot to Guardians."
He lightly pats me on the thigh," Stand up."

I do as he says. He starts on my legs even though I already did them. I decide to redo my arms because he was redoing my legs. He chuckles when he catches it out of the corner of his eye," I heard you've gained another two pounds. That's really great. You're doing so good. Look good too. You actually have color in your cheeks and this fuzzy shit all over you is slowly coming off."

I start to scrub my chest while he lifts up my foot to clean," I've always had the fuzzy stuff."
He purses his lips, eyes narrow," Yeah I know."

"Meanie?"
"Yeah trouble?", he murmurs as he turns me around to get my back.
"Am I pretty?"

He freezes. I hear him huff before a his hand lightly swats me on the butt," What the hell kind of question is that?! Of course you are moron!"
I pout and rub my butt," I didn't know. I don't know what's pretty and what's not."