10• Traitorous Organs

🦋

🦋

I was stuck between Kota and North in my bed. It was very late at night, three A.M. glows red from the clock on my bedside table. North had an arm tucked underneath me, his hand cupping my side as I laid on my back with Macaron tucked in my arms. Kota had a hand splayed on my tummy. He had done that earlier to keep me still because I kept squirming, unable to get to sleep.

I still couldn't sleep.

So much was on my mind. Especially the part about the woman I always thought was my mommy, wasn't my mommy at all.  All those years, she hurt me and I let her. She lied to me. She told me I was bad, evil. She told me I had to be cleansed. She told me if I sang, only evil would result from it.

But that's not true at all.

Last night I sang and it wasn't evil. It was pretty and fun. I felt free for the first time in my entire life. Nothing bad happened.

It's so scary, not knowing what's true anymore. It's also sad.
Now that I know she's not my mom, I'm curious about the woman who really is. The pretty lady with hair a darker color than mine, with eyes that roar like comet fire, with sunlight tears falling from her eyes as she looks down at me with remorse. I look a lot like her...

I miss her. I've never met her, didn't know she even existed until yesterday, and i miss her.

I find myself wondering about what she's like. What's her favorite color? What does she do for fun while drifting on a comet? What does her laugh sound like? What does she smell like? Does she miss me too?

I feel the sting of tears in my eyes and quietly sit up in bed. North stirs in his sleep while Kota rubs at his eyes," Baby?"
Kota sits up beside me and pets my hair," What's wrong, Lulu?"
I start to crawl away from them towards the end of the bed," Potty."

They remain quiet as they watch me get up. North finally speaks," Don't take too long Okay?"
I peak at him from the crack of the door. Quietly I say," 'Kay."

North keeps his eyes on me as I shut the door. I just stare at the closed door unable to bring myself to move. My heart aches in my chest. I bring my hand to rest over my heart where the ache has set in. I squeeze Macaron even tighter in my arms as my eyes dim with uncertainty.

What is this feeling? Why does it hurt so much?

I finally take a step back, eyes tingling for some reason. I turn to face the eerie long hallway with only the moonlight casting a subtle glow at the end. All else is cast in darkness. But I'm not afraid, not of the darkness. The darkness is my friend.