THIRTY

"Cameron! Come on just give it back!" I groan as I'm chasing after him. His laugh fills the room with my heavy breathing.

In public we acted like a couple but on our own we acted like best friends. He knows no one can replace Dylan. "Fine," he hands me my phone back in my hands. Once I get it back I go back to doing my makeup for a party we were going to.

"You don't need makeup Macy," he says behind me. As I'm trying to do my winged eyeliner. "I like your style but don't wear makeup," he pouts. Cameron is a really sweet guy. I like that about him.

I put down the eyeliner,"Okay fine but you need to promise that you won't fall asleep when we watch careful what you wish for," I said putting my makeup away. He nods smiling at me

——
He takes out the key out of the engine,"We're here girlfriend," and I laugh because now we had to act like a cute couple. He opens the door for me to get off and I thank him for it.

Taking his hand with mine as we walk to the door. All we saw were read cups all over the front yard. We walk through the door and hear loud booming music not being able to hear anyone. "Do you want something"

But I didn't hear anything he just said. I get closer to him and say,"I can't hear you," he laughs.

Now close to my ear,"Do you want something?" finally I hear what he asked and decline his offer. I didn't want to drink. It seemed off especially that Ethan threw it but just at his friends house. By friend I mean the new girl he was now hooking up with.

Cameron excuses himself to get some beer for himself and I just wait here for him to come back. I see Ethan coming towards my way so what I do is leave from where I was. Once he notices I was trying to avoid him he doesn't give up.

Trying to get my way through the crowd wasn't easy. They were all dancing on each other as I tried to walk in the middle of it. I feel two hands on my shoulders. "Fuck," I mutter under my breathe

I slowly turn and see it was Cameron. "Are you okay?" he asked looking at me strange with a beer in his hand. I just nod.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I said. He points towards it so I make my way to it.

Ethan: you can't keep avoiding me, we do live together

Macy: I can

I walk to the bathroom door and finally get inside. But when I opened the door I come across two girls in there just making out. I shut it before they notice I was seeing all this.

So now I go to the front yard where it was more quiet then being in the kitchen and living room. I sit there just being on my phone. "Hey," someone said but I didn't look because I knew it was Derek. "Why are you out here? I'm sure the party is inside,"

I just laugh at his question,"Parties aren't really my scene anymore especially when your step brother keeps trying to get to you or not knowing anyone," he takes a seat next to me.

I've always liked talking to Derek because he was the only one I can talk to. He knows about the thing I had with Ethan. Cameron doesn't even know why we are pretending to date. "It's finally over?" he looks at me. I nod and when I do he grins from ear to ear.

"Well I should get going, nice talking to you," I get up but he does too. I know that him knowing it was over between Ethan and I he would try to get with me. I would love a nice cute relationship with him but I don't want to hurt him.