P r i v i l e g e

Chapter 1: Privilege

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The most prestigious Universities were made for the wealthy, the ambitious, and the privileged. Chanyeol was one of the three, but it wasn't so much wealth that landed him the privilege of attending Yonsei as much as it was more in credit of his own ambitions. Compared to his peers, he was a rare class in the ranks that set foot on the grounds of one of the most notable schools in the country.

Intelligence and wealth were the least perceived qualities others saw when they first set their eyes on the young male whose towering stature made him instantly recognizable around campus. Being the running back only furthered his notoriety, but if there was something that others noticed, it was Chanyeol's reclusive and rather mature personality.

It wasn't uncommon for members of the team to be involved with social clubs and Chanyeol also made his rounds to the club parties hosted by friends who he only knew through other distant friend, but it was never his scene to fuck a stranger in the usual post-game rituals his friends played, so if he ever went, then he usually left early. He was never that interested.

His interests were rarely peaked and no amount of attention from anyone who chased after him could've ever made him look back twice, but as his fourth year began and multiple clubs began in the late summer, clubs began hosting their welcome back celebrations--as per tradition-- and Chanyeol found himself locking eyes with a dark haired male outside the house he had arrived to with three of his teammates.

His back was pressed against the brick wall that kept the property gated. Slender fingers gently holding an unlit cigarette stick being held loosely by his side. The smudged eyeliner beneath his eyes made him look ravaged and used like chaotic art. Slight bruises around his neck were visible, but Chanyeol couldn't easily judge the exact cause.

In the end, it was the man with the somber eyes of ember who tore their connection by turning his eyes away at the sound of an approaching motorcycle that stopped just as it reached him. The stranger on the bike handed a helmet to the male and with ease, he slipped it on, giving Chanyeol one last look before bringing down the face shield and gripping onto the driver.

They drove away, unnoticed by anybody else at the party except Chanyeol who was left curious even as his friends shouted his name. Once he snapped his attention back to the club house, he followed the rest of the team inside, his mind still rummaging through the thoughts of who he had just seen.

Byun Baekhyun.

The messy beauty who lingered in his mind was as notorious in their year as the school itself. A mystery, he was not, but rather a bookmark in everyone's nightly pages. Chanyeol couldn't even begin to enjoy himself when images of him flashed in his mind. His demeanor was as obvious as the male's swollen lips and abused neck, but too many people around him couldn't sense his disgust and subtle anger for what it really was.

Jealousy.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/N: It's 1/4 the length of my usual updates, but I'm trying something different. Hope you like this chapter! If it was confusing, I'm sorry! But at this point, they're already aware of each other and that's why Chanyeol's not happy by what he saw haha. Anyways, thank you! 

Leave me a comment and a vote!  "I am very lonely"--Drew Monson ╮( ̄ω ̄;)╭