Chapter 5: Intense

*Long Chapter*

I sat down Erica at her house. I was giving her the inside to what happened the other day. Besides the fact everything in my life was going bad right now I did at least get an offer. "You ran into him again," she said holding her heart. I laughed "You are a trip, but yes, he creped on me at the store place the rest of my bags in the car then we had this semi heated conversation" I explained

"Wow, I mean from what you've told me he seems like an asshole what conversation could you two possibly hold without an argument," she said.

"He offered me a position and I got mad because how are you going to offer me a position after you fired me?

"Then he asks me why I want to work at a strip club so bad. Then had the nerve to say I'm a liability to the clu-

"Oh see, he fine and dumb. He doesn't even know you.. hell no" she scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Right, so later down the conversation he tells me in this very overpowering way that the girls there would have basically given me a hard time and how he wouldn't want my face to get cut up and blah blah blah" I rolled my eyes.

"Mmm, he seems full of it. He doesn't know what you're capable. You can hold your own" she said.

"I mean, I'm not the most confrontational person.. I've only had one bad situation with Raymond and a girl but other that I'm chill. I'm not even going to lie; those girls did seem rough around the edges" I chuckled

"Those bitches don't have shit to lose but don't underestimate yourself either girl"

I sighed staring at my resume. "So should I send it or not? I asked. "Girl, you are broke as hell. You need the money to provide for your brother and sister and your sister is sick these days who knows how that health bill is going to be" she explained. I was going to do it but apart of me wish there was another way. Ricky seems very arrogant and strict from what I've seen and I don't know if I could handle it.

"I am, it's just... I don't have assistant skills. All the jobs I worked were mainly hospitality" I said.

"So what? Were only 24 are we supposed to have the major law firm and corporate jobs? She chuckled pouring me some more wine.

"He knows your age and he shouldn't expect you to know it all.. come on now," she said. I sighed

"Okay, I am sending it now," I said typing his email in the send bar.

"Fridays"

"Ihop"

"The sugar factory"

"Hooters"

"LifeBridge Clinic" (receptionist)

"This is embarrassing Erica, he's gonna be like what the fuck? I whined. "Bitch! Own it. He either hires you or nah" she snapped hitting the send button for me. I turned towards her worried out of her mind. "This can be a blessing or a nightmare," she said. She was right, I was going to have to adjust my big girl panties and prepare for all of this. I did want to go to fashion school right?

Ricky

I watched my mothers eyes light up as she was talking to Kat about her wedding ideas. It was truly fucking with me that she was so excited about the renewal and my dad was doing GOD knows what. "I haven't found my dress yet" she sighed drinking her tea. I looked over at Kat giving me this flat look every once in a while. "Okay, Momma did you like the crème and yellow decor I showed you? She asked. Kat was a wedding planner, one of the best in Miami. She travels all over the country to plan to extravagant weddings. We met in college and once we were engaged she wasn't as successful yet. I was, so I just paid for all of the expenses for the wedding and she did the decorating. It was nice to finally see her vision come true and I wasn't knocking it at all.