The Call

The phone rang a few times and then James picked up.

"Hey Ellie." James said happily.

I ignored his greeting and decided to cut to the chase.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked trying to get to the point.

"Somebody's eager." he said back with a small chuckle.

There was a pause that made me feel a bit uneasy.

"I have decide to change our deal a bit. I will tell you what you want to know if you meet up with me, alone of course." He said in a sly tone.

I said nothing as a small fire of anger began to spark within me.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you." He said taunting me.

Does he think I'm scared?

....Am I scared? ... of course not, 

"Why should I go? You just told me to call you, and I did, nothing more, nothing less." I said back.

"Suit yourself. It's your loss not mine, although you may end up regretting it." He said with a smug voice, "If you don't want to meet up with me then there is nothing I can do about it. Bye."

Realizing I would be the one at loss, I stopped him from hanging up.

"Wait!" I said instantly. "I-I'll meet up with you."

I couldn't give up the opportunity and I knew negotiating wasn't an option either. I had no other choice but to meet up with him.

"Good. Meet me at the Sunset Park in ten minutes." he said while hanging up right after.

He didn't care for wasting time either I guess.

Sunset Park? that's about a 7 minute walk or a 3 1/2 minute run.

I say run because by the time I'm done putting on my shoes and jacket and whatever else, I will have wasted most of my time.

I let out a sigh and went to grab my jacket as I noticed Royce leaning against my door frame with his arms crossed.

"Where are you going?" he asked with a slightly strict tone.

"To meet up with a friend." I said back, not letting him know to much information.

"Who is this friend?" He asked now standing up strait, still with his arms folded.

"Nobody." I replied while putting my jacket on and grabbing my shoes.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Why must you know?" I said slightly annoyed that he wouldn't drop it.

"Why must I know? Because I am your boyfriend and I'm worried." he replied, slowly getting mad because I wouldn't tell with anything. He seemed suspicious of me but I still had no intention of letting him know my secret, not yet anyway.

If I told him, he would surly interfere with things.

Royce looked at me suspiciously.

"You don't need to know everything. You sound like you don't trust me." I said while slipping on my shoes.

"I don't." Royce said while staring me dead in the eyes.

"What?" I said back.

"I don't trust you."

His words stabbed my chest as he stood coldly looking down at me.

There was a silence as I tried to process what he said. I didn't look at Royce nor did I attempt to.