twelve

JENNIE.

It was friday morning, I was sitting on the couch doing my morning reading routine as I noticed Lisa tiptoeing towards the door with attentive eyes scanning around as if she'll be dead if she gets caught. If this were the hunger games? She'll be dead in a minute. What a dork. I thought.

"Where are you going?!" In the midst of the quiet ambiance, I jumped at her in surprise and made my voice loud as I can, she was startled that she almost tumbled to the ground.

"What the f- Jennie! Don't scare me like that!" irritatingly she said with her voice setting in a higher octave than normal. She gained composure.

"Let me guess, you're going to see YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" I asked in capital.

"Oh my God shut up will you?! Are you crazy?! What if mom wakes up!?" She whispered loudly trying to control her sanity as she still attentively scans the area.

"Why? You scared if she finds out you have a girlfriend?" I teased as I emphasized the word girlfriend, making her facial expression more anxious.

"Do you want me to die? I haven't told them yet, I think it's not the right time." She confessed.

"Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes before continuing, "Wanna know what I think?" I rebutted with sarcasm, she looked at me in question. "I think you shouldn't be dating my best friend and focus on your studies instead. I can't even remember the last time you had an A grade on your card."

She gave off a sigh and rolled her eyes on me, "First of all, just because I'm your sister and she's your best friend doesn't mean you have the right to choose who we sleep with." She ranted at me, "And second of all, you can't remember the last time I had an A grade because I never really had one."

Her smug personality amazes me at times when I'm in the mood but now, it just pisses me off so much. See how hard-headed Lalisa Manoban is?

"I'm trying my best to be a good sister here! And you're obviously helping me a lot." Sarcasm was so obvious in my tone. "You're saying like me dating Jisoo is a rebellious thing to do when you're doing the same thing with Rosé." she chattered back. "Woah there, I'm not dating Rosé. I just said I like her." I defended, as my pride was gradually raising.

"Well, isn't that the same thing Jennie unnie? You should date who you like." Her words were diminished on a lighter tone but it was so sharp it struck right inside me. "And I thought your feelings for her were highkey, like you always talk about Rosé 24/7. You're obviously so whipped, but I was surprised that you still haven't started a relationship"

But my feelings for her are highkey though, whatever that means. But should I really start a relationship with her just to prove my feelings?

The atmosphere became serious and tensed.

Amidst my silence Lisa continued, "You both like each other, you even kiss, I don't see why you shouldn't date already."

"You know it's not that simple, Lisa. I've never done this before. I've never even imagined myself liking a girl, I'm even scared thinking about that already, what more If I date one?" I stated my side.

"Well, it wasn't also easy for me to realize my feelings for Jisoo but when I had my way, I never stopped. I didn't stop myself, although I had my worries that mom and dad will think that what I'm doing is somewhat childish and definitely shameful, but my feelings for her is stronger, she is the only thing I'm sure about, and I don't want to lose that."