Sixteen

YAAAAA IM BACK SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

You saw Graves leaving the destroyed building, running after the dark mass. You quickly ran to the building, looking for Credence. He was no where to be found. So you decided to follow Graves. You followed from a distance for your safety and for Credence's, wherever he was.

You stopped and watched Graves from a few yards away, from behind the corner of a building.

The dark mass was levitated high in the air, angrily churning as Graves walked closer to it.

Graves began to shout up at the mass, "To survive so long, with this inside you, Credence, is a miracle."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. The angry, dark mass was Credence?

Innocent, kind, broken, Credence. Your eyes began to fill with burning tears. He had already endured so much and now he had to endure this. As these thoughts swam in your brain a man, with curly hair and blue coat suddenly appeared a few feet in front of you, watching Graves and Credence. He didn't notice you hiding around the corner.

The mass moved closer to Graves. Suddenly its dark energy bursted out with a loud scream, knocking Graves on the ground. The energy sent a shock wave around the city. The curly haired man dived behind a car as you turn and lean against the building covering your ears and squeezing your eyes shut.

After the wave was gone you uncovered your ears and turned to see a woman with short black hair appear in front of the man hiding behind the car. The woman yelled. "Newt!" "

It's the Second Salem boy. He's the Obscurial." Newt said.

Newt and the woman continued to talk to each other, but you couldn't hear the conversation. The Obscurial screamed out again and the woman yelled, "Newt! Save him." The woman dashed out toward Graves and Newt magically disappeared. Graves walked closer to the Obscurus, that was still angrily screaming and churning. He took out his wand and the woman suddenly blasted a ball of energy at Graves. You were so confused and didn't know what your were looking at. You kept your distance behind the building.

The Obscurus vanished and Graves was obviously irritated. "Tina. You're always turning up where you're least wanted." Graves said, as he summoned a car through the air. Tina dove out of the way, but by the time she gathered herself Graves was gone.

You heard crashing and Credence's scream from before, in the distance. You decided to follow it. You didn't know what you were going to do when you found him, but you had to help him. When you finally came upon the Obrsurus it was rising up above the buildings and suddenly slams into the ground, sending bricks and sidewalks flying. You found stairs to the subway station and quickly ran down them, hoping to find Credence.

You saw the Obscurus and it was finally calming down. Newt was watching from across the station. The black mass gently swirled in the air, above the train tracks. Newt (now hiding behind a pillar) began to talk. "Credence... It's Credence, isn't it? I'm here to help you, Credence. I'm not here to hurt you." Newt moved out from behind the pillar and stepped down on the tracks. The dark mass began to disappear and the figure of Credence appeared. You wanted to run up to him and hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright, but you didn't. You watched as the man as spoke again. "I've met someone just life you, Credence, A girl–a young girl who'd been imprisoned, she'd been locked away and she'd been punished for her magic."

Her magic? Is that you had just witnessed? All the crazy things Mary Lou spoke about were true? There were so many things going through your head it could have exploded.

You watched Credence from afar. He was huddled on the train tracks, scared to death. You just wanted to hug him and tell him everything was going to be okay, but you felt like you shouldn't. You didn't know anything about magic and the man talking with him obviously did. Newt crouched down and said, "Credence, can I come over to you?

Newt slowly made his way over, but as he did a blaze of light burst out, throwing him backward. Graves walked in through the tunnel. Credence began to run as Graves continued to fire spells and Newt, who is rolling out of the way, trying to fire back.

Credence continued to make his way down the tracks when he suddenly stopped at the headlights of a moving train headed right toward him. "NO!" You yelled, but no one heard you at the sound of the rumbling train. Graves suddenly casted Credence out of the way of the train with a magical force.

After a while of dueling between Graves and Newt, you noticed Credence on the tracks again. He was cowering and he began to shake as black matter formed around him. His eyes turned white and his sobs disappeared as the Obscurus took its full form, blasting towards Graves. Graves watched in awe of the power, but quickly Disapparated just in time. The Obscurus blasting around the station suddenly crashed through the roof, out into the city. It began crashing more buildings as a crowd of people watched from below. The mass plunged back into the subway, bursting through the roof once more.

"CREDENCE, NO!" You heard a voice yell, as Newt and Graves laid on tracks, beneath the dark force.

Tina ran onto the tracks as the Obscurus froze, inches from Graves face. It began to rise, swirling gently, staring at Tina. She spoke to him, calming him down.

Everything seemed like a blur. None of this made any sense. Your head was fuzzy from being thrusted into a wall earlier... that felt like forever ago. So much had happened since then. You didn't know what to believe.

You watched from the distance as Graves thrusted magic upon Tina and Newt. You were beginning to feel dizzy and lightheaded.

Things seemed to be going in slow motion. Credence appeared again as a large group of people came pouring down the steps, wands raised. "Shhhh! Don't, you'll frighten him." You heard Tina say. Credence began to be taken away by the darkness again. The Obscurus let out a loud moan and began to grow. Everything around was crumbling. Tina and Newt tried to protect Credence.

Graves turned to face the large group of wizards, wand at the ready. "Wands down! Anyone harms him–they'll answer to me." He turned back to Credence. "Credence." He said in a manipulative voice.

"Credence..." Tina said softly.

Suddenly the wizards drew their wands and pelting the Obscurus with spells. "NO!" You yell, tears falling from your eyes. Under the pressure of the spells, the Obscurus finally gave up and exploded, a white ball of magic taking over. The force sent everyone flying backward. You were pushed back into a corner of the subway station. Your vision went hazy. You saw bits of black matter floating around the rubble. You saw all of the wizard's mouths moving, but you couldn't hear anything. Your mind went black. The last thing you thought was that you'll never see Credence again. You would never get to tell him exactly how you felt about him. To tell him how much he meant to you and how you couldn't imagine your life without him.

You woke up with an awful head ache. All of the wizards were out of the station. You clumsily stood up and made your way to the steps, out of the subway. Taking one step up, you froze, turning your head to see the place where Credence had disappeared. Your eyes began to burn with tears.

You ran up the stairs to the dark city. You walked back to your apartment, avoiding the wizards who killed Credence. You went up the stairs to your apartment, trying not to fall over. You got into your apartment, pausing in the doorway. You scanned your untouched apartment. Everything was the way you left it. Exactly the way Credence knew it. You began to break down in tears. You closed your door and curled up on the couch with a blanket, crying yourself to sleep.

A/N: I'm imagining that this 'You' in this story has reddish-blonde Queenie hair, and dark hazel eyes, pale skin and freckles, and probably dresses like Tina from the underground 'Gnarlack' scene, only in a slightly pinkish hue. Only my opinion.