Chapter 25

The next morning I wake up to someone moving next to me

The next morning I wake up to someone moving next to me. I crack an eye open and see Lana trying to get more comfortable.

"You are here," I grunt, staring at her dumbly, my brain trying to catch up. Is it the weekend already? I need a coffee.

"Well yeah, you told me to come to sleep here." She stares back with an equally baffled expression. "Or did I get it wrong?" She starts to sit up, her cheeks getting red and the blush spreads. She's giving me questioning look, waiting for me to- what? Oh!

"No, no you didn't, it's just, usually when I wake up you are already gone."

"And seeing this lovely reaction of yours, you prefer it that way?" she asks, looking utterly confused.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. It's just, I don't know... This is the first time I woke up next to someone. I'm just not used to it."

"Okaaay, so you want me to leave or what?" I catch her arm before she has a chance to move off the bed.

"Not at all, come here." I tug until she's settled by my side with her head on my chest. "I didn't say I didn't like it now, did I?" I whisper in her hair, playing with it, letting it slip through my fingers. I feel her relax and turn slightly her head to give me a kiss on my neck.

"Good morning," she says quietly and a thought comes to me.

"How about a good morning blowjob? I never had one of those."

Her head shoots up. "Yeah, and with the greeting you gave me, it'll stay that way too!" she responds, resting her head back on my chest, making me huff in annoyance, which makes her look up again. "What?"

I just shrug, If she won't she won't. What can I say about it?

"Don't be like this. You know, I don't have a switch that turns me on anytime you think of sex. And if you can't be nice you could at least choose your words more carefully when you ask me to do things."

My hand in her hair clenches into a fist, I am not nice? I'm plenty nice to her! Actually, I'm nothing but nice to her! But I try to force the anger, waking up in me, down. I don't want to lash out at her, that never helped us with anything. I didn't manage to make my voice less harsh though.

"What do you mean? When I wanna fuck I ask if you wanna fuck. When I want you to suck me off I ask you to suck me off, how else you want me to say it? And what's that shit about me being nice? You think I don't treat you right?"

"No, no that's not what I meant, what I meant was..." She stops to gather her thoughts, playing around my chest with her fingers. "You know what I like about living with you, about being with you?" 

I shrug because no, I don't know since I'm not a mindreader. 

"I like the quiet, I like that I can just be myself. You don't make me do anything I don't want to, and I'm not talking just about the sex here. But there too, I know you said you are used to something else, and I know you are making an effort for me and I love that you do. You don't make me feel bad when I bury myself in books to study for several days either. You let me do my things and you are there when I want company. I feel safe with you. I feel like I have an actual home after really long time. But sometimes, I would like to actually hear something that would make me feel like I matter to you too, you know?"